User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3rd Gray Tank in Reflection 315RLTS Travel Trailer?

I just picked up a Reflection 315RTLS Travel Traveler. The last RV I had was a 1974 22 foot Class A motorhome. Wow! The Reflection is such a beautiful thing, I love it.

The literature indicates that the 315RLTS has 2 gray tanks. However, there is a third gray tank dump on the water control panel (sorry, don't know the name of that panel), as shown in the picture. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3rd Gray Tank Pull.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	196.3 KB 
ID:	32709From searching this forum, the third pull is to drain the gray tank for the clothes washer, which I had the dealer install.

From searching the forums, I believe I have a third gray water tank for the clothes washer. I asked the dealer (General RV in Ashland Virginia 4 times during my delivery, and no one knew and no one would research information about this gray tank dump. Does anyone have any idea what the capacity of this third gray tank is? Any idea if the capacity is at least one load of laundry in the washer (Splendide)? I could imagine that if doing a load of laundry with a full gray water tank could cause a smelly flood inside the travel trailer. The conventional three tanks of the Reflection have a gauge to indicate how full they are. I don't think there is a gauge for the gray tank for the clothes washer, is there?

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJimmer View Post
    I just picked up a Reflection 315RTLS Travel Traveler. The last RV I had was a 1974 22 foot Class A motorhome. Wow! The Reflection is such a beautiful thing, I love it.

The literature indicates that the 315RLTS has 2 gray tanks. However, there is a third gray tank dump on the water control panel (sorry, don't know the name of that panel), as shown in the picture. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3rd Gray Tank Pull.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	196.3 KB 
ID:	32709From searching this forum, the third pull is to drain the gray tank for the clothes washer, which I had the dealer install.

From searching the forums, I believe I have a third gray water tank for the clothes washer. I asked the dealer (General RV in Ashland Virginia 4 times during my delivery, and no one knew and no one would research information about this gray tank dump. Does anyone have any idea what the capacity of this third gray tank is? Any idea if the capacity is at least one load of laundry in the washer (Splendide)? I could imagine that if doing a load of laundry with a full gray water tank could cause a smelly flood inside the travel trailer. The conventional three tanks of the Reflection have a gauge to indicate how full they are. I don't think there is a gauge for the gray tank for the clothes washer, is there?
    You do have a separate tank for the washer/dryer hook up. You should have the drain open when using the washer so you never run into overfilling the tank.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    You do have a separate tank for the washer/dryer hook up. You should have the drain open when using the washer so you never run into overfilling the tank.
    Would a Solitude 310GK also have this 3rd tank?
    2020 Solitude 310GKR
    2003 F350 PSD

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennesseepowerstroke View Post
    Would a Solitude 310GK also have this 3rd tank?
    No. A 310GK has one black and two grey tanks. One grey is for shower + bathroom sink + washer. The other grey is for the kitchen.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did an un-scientific measurement this weekend. Filled up the drain for the clothes washer from within the travel trailer with a garden hose until the water was at the top. Turned off the garden hose and went outside and measured the water that was discharged after pulling the gray tank dump for the washing machine tank by catching the discharged water in 1 gallon jugs. Measured 24.5 gallons.

Also did one wash load on the Splendide washer which was installed by the dealer. Setting was "Colors" with 1 towel in the washer. Total discharge was 3.5 gallons. I thought it would use more water than that.

Also, after the tank gauge first started reading full, I estimate that I put in another 5 to 7 gallons before the water level was truly full.

Jim

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more point to note. Used the Reflection for the first time last week. Did not have a sewer hookup at the campground. The grey water tanks that serve the kitchen and bathroom were getting full. Tried to equalize the water levels and extend the capacity of the system into the clothes washer grey water tank. Unfortunately, the washer grey holding tank must be at a higher level than the other two, as no water moved into the clothes washer gray tank when equalizing.

Also, after three loads of laundry on a regular setting, the gauge for the gray tank no. 3 (the clothes washer) read full.