User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It says minimum 7”. It also says that they should not be in the departure angle. That angle is determined by taking a string from the bumper to the bottom of the tire. That triangle should have no objects in it. Essentially you want the leg to be above the line from the rear bumper to the bottom of the rear tire.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new, shorter ones that are 21 1/2" retracted, came today. The old ones are 24 1/2" retracted. Swapped them out. They work the same as before. Plug and play. No set up necessary. Quick delivery by GD.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am currently messaging the company about mine. They are only 4.5 inches when retracted. Hopefully they make this easy.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine were also too low. Everything was above the departure angle but the foot of the jack was only 5" above the ground. I sent an email to a VP at GD that I found an email address for andexplainedmy issue.
    The email was sent after hours on Friday. Saturday morning I had a reply email stating that a set of jacks needed to be sent out to my. Monday I had an email saying the jacks were on the way. Wed. morning they were sitting at my door, 2nd Day air, morning delivery no less. I have never seen better customer service anywhere.Guess i have my weekend project.
    FYI. The long jack issue is not a result of a shortage of the correct jacks. Lippert makes the correct ones but for some reason, do not sell them to production. Still trying to figure that one out.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They did respond quickly. Glad it turned out well.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bob, can you link me to that URL? I have searched and am unable to locate that information. Also, where are you measuring from on the jack to determine the correct height?
    Bobby K.
    2021 Reflection 150 260RD
    2016 Ram 2500 CTD
    Central Maryland

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could not find the URL. But... Stretch a string from where the rear tire touches the ground to the lowest point on the rear of the trailer. That is the departure angle that is referenced. All of the jack, including the foot should be above the string. Because of the proximity of the jack to the rear wheel, mine was above the string but it was still only 5" above the ground when retracted. Lippert says 7" is minimum. Height is measured from the bottom of the foot.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same situation. Sent pictures of the low jacks last week. Waiting to hear back from them about their solution.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only called thier customer service. They didn't want pictures. GD Customer Service 574-825-9679

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I called and they created a case. It’s now via email but I have not heard anything since last Wednesday. I will call again if they don’t email today.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast