User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ardvark16 View Post
    I called and they created a case. It’s now via email but I have not heard anything since last Wednesday. I will call again if they don’t email today.
    Ardvark I just went through the same scenario. Email to customer service with the issue, they emailed back to send pictures, sent pictures showing both jacks at 4 3/4 inches and pictures of angle of departure almost touching the string. They said it was within specs. They seemed to be more concerned on the the angle, than the height of the jacks. I will be calling them tomorrow
    2021 F250 XLT CCSB 6.2, 4.30, Iconic Silver, 2021 GD REFLECTION 295RL. PULLRITE SUPERGL. 2914
    2017 F250 Lariat CCSB 6.2 3.73, Caribou , 2013 COACHMEN FREEDOM EXPRESS 281RLDS
    2008 F150 XLT CCSB 5.4 3.55 Blue, 2008 STARCRAFT TT

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the standard Customer Service run-around. You should not have to deal with that. Photos should not be necessary. Lippert's requirements for their products are clear. No part of the jack should be below the string, AND no part of the jack including the foot should be no closer than 7" from level ground.
    Send your email to this gentleman, [email protected] and explain the issue to him. he is familiar with it. He is a VP at GD. I sent an email after hours on a Friday and Wed morning there was a set of jacks sitting on my front porch.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. I sent an email to that address. Hopefully I get a positive response. I agree that it shouldn’t take much. Just a simple replacement. I sent my vin.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as the entire jack including including the foot is above the departure angle then you'll tear off your back end before you ground the jack. The only scenario that results in the jack hitting first is going over really high speed bumps or large rocks etc...

Also the departure angle is a more accurate reference as it doesn't matter how unlevel the trailer is riding. Even within the departure angle a nose high trailer will give you a shorter jack foot to ground measurement. Nose low will give you a bigger measurement. In both scenarios what doesn't change is the departure angle.
    Last edited by ckreef; 05-10-2021 at 07:31 PM.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ckreef View Post
    As long as the entire jack including including the foot is above the departure angle then you'll tear off your back end before you ground the jack. The only scenario that results in the jack hitting first is going over really high speed bumps or large rocks etc...
    Though improbable, it is not an impossible scenario. On the 268BH, the rear leveling jack is inches away from the rear tire. On my trailer, the entire jack was above the departure angle, but the foot was only5" above the ground. Lippert says 7" min. What ifs don't count.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be great to see photos of before and after. The too short jack debate has been out there for at least a decade with Lippert configurations. I remember seeing the debate across many brands using Lippert frames. Our 3350's are above the departure angle, but not at all 7". With SnapPads on, it's 5" street-side (heavier side). Was a little bit higher, about 3/4" before I swapped in CRE3000 when I rebuilt the suspension. I'm conscious of it, and tow very consciously because my enclosed car hauler has only 5" clearance as well. When my custom springs are done and I install them, should have 6-1/2" to 6-3/4" on the street-side.

Edit: Never got to my final thoughts... On the 3350 I have adjustment to come up and still fit in a ratchet for manual operation. The big thing, our entire Ground Control system from brain, to keypad, to jacks, to sensors and all harnesses was replaced piecemeal and then again in totality hunting gremlins. In that process, Lippert waa hands-on involved as well as their former tech manager (who went to work at GD), and the system is exactly how they set it up in Indiana and to my RAM. I had already rebuilt the suspension too so that change was in-place. So, I find it interesting that in some cases Lippert and/or GD saying there's an issue, other cases not, yet their exact installation in troubleshooting a wild ride of issues the install has it above departure angle but not with a 7" minimum vertical ground clearance. Truth be told, I've only come close to scrubbing the center stabilizer jacks. It was a site with a steep uphill back-in from flat road to a level crest and no room for an angled approach. Right at that hinge from ramp up to level...
    Last edited by geotex1; 05-11-2021 at 10:11 AM.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The discussions here have focused on the "too long" issue, and it's been acknowledged by GD that it is a problem, attested to by the fact that they have sent replacement jacks to several owners.
    The departure angle/minimum height parameters set by Lippert are not either/or. If both are not met, it's not right. In the case of some models, the rear jacks are located too close to the rear wheel, and while all parts are above the departure angle, the foot of the jacks are too close to the ground and can easily scrape.
    IMHO, "too short" can be easily remedied by putting blocks under the jacks to limit the travel distance, which is probably a good practice anyway. I've read that the shorter travel increases stability, although I have no way to verify that.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no problem putting before and after pics up if I can get to the after part. Already becoming a long story which I hope I can tell soon enough.
    Last edited by ardvark16; 05-12-2021 at 07:38 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ardvark16 View Post
    I have no problem putting before and after pics up if I can get to the after part. Already becoming a long story which I hope I can tell soon enough.
    Picture of original and shorter length leveler side by side.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210320_144750.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	34080
    2021 GD Reflection (150) 5th Wheel 268BH
    2019 F250 Gas 6.2L V8 FX4 Crew Cab
    PullRite 2100 20K Hitch w/ LOCKED OUT Turning Point
    2x Honda EU2200i Generators & 1UP Bike Rack & Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS
    2017 F150 Sport 3.5L V6 EcoBoost

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take a close look at the top of the stabilizer. Feel with your hand. You will see there is no room for raising them. Get GD to send you new ones and mount them in the same location. They will sit just as high but you will have plenty of clearance. Replaced mine.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast