User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought that one of their employees was on this thread, perhaps they can assist. There is no way that 3.5” is enough clearance for many campgrounds. The only “other issues” that the shorter ones would contribute to would be a happy customer with a safe rv and less chances of destroying the rear stabilizers. I agree that they should just do the right thing here. The stroke errors that they are referring to would only happen if they extended 12” and needed more extension. This is why I block mine up at this point. But that’s the only issue that can possibly happen. It’s one possible issue rather than many ways to rip those old ones off.
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 278BH (150)
    2022 Ford F-350 Lariat Godzilla SRW
    B&W Companion Ford OEM 20k with Turning Point

2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.4 gas (SOLD)
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 21BHE (SOLD)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m also pretty sure that you can raise the ones you have a couple of holes up. Mine had room to go up a tiny bit and I got it to just under 5” before the shorter ones came.
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 278BH (150)
    2022 Ford F-350 Lariat Godzilla SRW
    B&W Companion Ford OEM 20k with Turning Point

2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.4 gas (SOLD)
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 21BHE (SOLD)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a new 260RD and I said from the beginning I thought the rear stabilizers were too low. Well, I was right! I pulled into a gas station and pulled through the low next door to the station to get back n the road. It was a rutted lot and I must have hit the curb getting back on the street. The frame holding the stabilizer bent/twisted, but there doesn’t appear to be damage to the stabilizer unit, just the frame and the landing pad. Only thing I can think to do is go to a frame straightener when I get home. Thought about using a sledge hammer in it but afraid I might break the frame weld.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaAJ View Post
    I have a new 260RD and I said from the beginning I thought the rear stabilizers were too low. Well, I was right! I pulled into a gas station and pulled through the low next door to the station to get back n the road. It was a rutted lot and I must have hit the curb getting back on the street. The frame holding the stabilizer bent/twisted, but there doesn’t appear to be damage to the stabilizer unit, just the frame and the landing pad. Only thing I can think to do is go to a frame straightener when I get home. Thought about using a sledge hammer in it but afraid I might break the frame weld.
    Nah, save yourself some headache. The bracket is available from Lippert. Just have a welder cut the old off and weld the replacement on. Touch up the paint and remount the jack if it's working ok.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I E mailed GD about the long stabilizers installed on our new 295RL. I received a phone call from customer service the next day, gave my model and serial number and date of purchase. Within a week I had a new set of short stabilizers on my porch. Very easy install, now I have almost 8" of clearance. Was able to put them all the way down with no errors, although I will still use blocks. I can say enough about GD Customer service in this case.
    2021 GMC 2500 AT4 Duramax
    2021 Reflection 295RL 5th wheel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Curt and Shari. How long ago did you contact GD? From what I gather, GD has been declining these recent requests for the shorter stabilizers. Thanks, jack.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jdux999,
    I emailed GD on July 28th. and had the stabilizers on on Aug. 6th hope this helps , Curt
    2021 GMC 2500 AT4 Duramax
    2021 Reflection 295RL 5th wheel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I contacted Grand Design after my dealer measured and the were OK with angle of departure. They created a file for me and requested I send pictures which I did, 5” clearance, 2 months later haven’t heard a word.
    Tom & Ellen McHugh
    Weldon Spring MO

2021 F350 Crewcab SB 7.3 gas
    GD 150 RD260

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sent an email(no photos)after hours on a Friday. The next Wed morning there were two jacks sitting on my porch.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Bob Landry. Can you tell me who you sent the letter to? Thanks

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast