User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ended up raising four stabilizer (middle and back) up almost 3 inches. After losing a snap pad last camping trip while leaving, it became apparent that the 5 inches of clearances (6.5 without the snap pads) wasn't enough. I've always carried blocks of some sort, so it wont be an issues to use them.

JaC
    U.S. Air Force Retired
    2021 Solitude S-Class 3550BH-R | SumoSprings Trailer Helper Spring | Morryde Rubber Pin Box | Disk Brakes (Stop Your Trailer)
    2020 F350 | SRW | SB | Platinum | 6.7 Diesel | 4x4 | PullRite SuperGlide Hitch 20K

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ardvark16 View Post
    It says minimum 7”. It also says that they should not be in the departure angle. That angle is determined by taking a string from the bumper to the bottom of the tire. That triangle should have no objects in it. Essentially you want the leg to be above the line from the rear bumper to the bottom of the rear tire.
    The 7" minimum is for when you're out of the departure angle. You can be out of the departure angle as long as you have 7" to clear curbs and speed bumps. GD is using the "or" to their advantage.
    I'm trying to work with them, but they refuse to return any of my emails. I'm getting frustrated with their customer service.
    Last edited by Jaxplace; 08-28-2023 at 08:35 PM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got my replacement jacks in April of 2022 after many months of contacting GD and sending picture of line of departure with the jacks above the string but only about 4” of ground clearance. This was the contact that finally got us the jacks but required follow up after we were told it was being expedited "[email protected]” who at the time was head of customer relations I believe. I am routinely putting 4” of cribbing under her jacks
    Tom & Ellen McHugh
    Weldon Spring MO

2021 F350 Crewcab SB 7.3 gas
    GD 150 RD260

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand design replied to my Email and sent me two new rear levelers, it took over a week to receive them only to have them send the same "long" ones. I called them, and they realized the mistake then second-day air shipped the shorter ones.
    I asked how they want me to return the incorrect ones and they said to keep them also.
    Thank you, Grand Design, for your integrity and professionalism.
    I now have 2 used levelers and 2 new levelers.

Did I mention I bought this trailer used from a private party. GD went above and beyond on this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is my first post here as well as a first time camper owner. We researched for years what camper we wanted but the deciding factor was from I learned is GDs customer service.

Each time we saw GDs the jacks were down and never in a million years would we ever thought to think the rear stabilizers would be so low. My husband hunts and he would be taking this to his farm to hunt. As his brother takes his Jayco on the property, no issues. Well now that this thing was loaded to our truck did we see the rear stabilizers are very low. No way will hubby be able to take this thing to his farm as low as rear stabilizers are. We haven’t truly measured the height but by eye balling it, I would say maybe 6” off the ground, if that.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do? On this thread some say you can adjust them to make them higher but our dealership said we cannot. The hubs is upset because he cannot fully use it as intended.

After reading this thread, I am sure there are hundreds of people who feel the same way yet GD does not change them

We have a 2023 GD Reflections 150 Series, 298BH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leveler

Quote Originally Posted by Rawlings_Mimi View Post
    This is my first post here as well as a first time camper owner. We researched for years what camper we wanted but the deciding factor was from I learned is GDs customer service.

Each time we saw GDs the jacks were down and never in a million years would we ever thought to think the rear stabilizers would be so low. My husband hunts and he would be taking this to his farm to hunt. As his brother takes his Jayco on the property, no issues. Well now that this thing was loaded to our truck did we see the rear stabilizers are very low. No way will hubby be able to take this thing to his farm as low as rear stabilizers are. We haven’t truly measured the height but by eye balling it, I would say maybe 6” off the ground, if that.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do? On this thread some say you can adjust them to make them higher but our dealership said we cannot. The hubs is upset because he cannot fully use it as intended.

After reading this thread, I am sure there are hundreds of people who feel the same way yet GD does not change them

We have a 2023 GD Reflections 150 Series, 298BH.
    I have a 2021 Reflection 240RL, the ground clearance with the jack fully retracted was 4.75" (unusable for me). The jacks GD installed were 24.5" total height. I contacted GD and they sent me (for free) shorter jacks which were 21.5", then I installed a lift kit which added a couple more inches. Both were easy to install, and my 5th wheel is now usable.

https://simcoespring.com/products/ta...pr_seq=uniform

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2176.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	48313
    Last edited by Jaxplace; 09-25-2023 at 09:51 AM.
    2006 Ram 2500 5.9 Diesel
    2021 Reflection 240RL

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567