User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Low hanging rear stabilizer

Hello All. Sorry if this has been asked recently, I only saw some older posts. We just picked up our 2021, 260RD and I've already scraped the rear stabilizers (first day). They didn't bend but I'm sure it's just a matter of time. Speed bumps, curbs, drainage ditch - Something will get me I'm sure. My question is; can they be raised. There are a number of repositioning holes but the previous posts that I've seen say they can't be used. Seems like a pretty major design flaw by Lippert. I would gladly place blocks under the stabilizers if they could be raised a few inches. Thanks in advance for the help, John

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is your trailer nose high? If so, leveling would be the place to start.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdux999 View Post
    Hello All. Sorry if this has been asked recently, I only saw some older posts. We just picked up our 2021, 260RD and I've already scraped the rear stabilizers (first day). They didn't bend but I'm sure it's just a matter of time. Speed bumps, curbs, drainage ditch - Something will get me I'm sure. My question is; can they be raised. There are a number of repositioning holes but the previous posts that I've seen say they can't be used. Seems like a pretty major design flaw by Lippert. I would gladly place blocks under the stabilizers if they could be raised a few inches. Thanks in advance for the help, John
    I believe they run low on the correct stabilizers so they throw the longer ones on to get the unit out the door. This is my before and after picture. I complained to them about having the wrong stabilizers and they sent the correct ones.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210320_144747.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	33235
    2021 GD Reflection (150) 5th Wheel 268BH
    2019 F250 Gas 6.2L V8 FX4 Crew Cab
    PullRite 2100 20K Hitch w/ LOCKED OUT Turning Point
    2x Honda EU2200i Generators & 1UP Bike Rack & Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS
    2017 F150 Sport 3.5L V6 EcoBoost

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks J. Do you know the length of the 2 stabilizers. I think the long ones are 24 1/2" and the shorter ones are 22". Is that what you have? Did GD say that you could use the shorter stabilizers? How "hard" did you have to complain before they sent you the smaller stabilizers? Thanks, John

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdux999 View Post
    Thanks J. Do you know the length of the 2 stabilizers. I think the long ones are 24 1/2" and the shorter ones are 22". Is that what you have? Did GD say that you could use the shorter stabilizers? How "hard" did you have to complain before they sent you the smaller stabilizers? Thanks, John
    I called several times to reference the issue but it's clear they're too low in certain situations. I also took pictures of the correct leveler on a similar unit; same year and model but different leveler length. 22.5" is correct length.
    2021 GD Reflection (150) 5th Wheel 268BH
    2019 F250 Gas 6.2L V8 FX4 Crew Cab
    PullRite 2100 20K Hitch w/ LOCKED OUT Turning Point
    2x Honda EU2200i Generators & 1UP Bike Rack & Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS
    2017 F150 Sport 3.5L V6 EcoBoost

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again, J. I'll be on the phone with them tomorrow. I agree they're too low. I'd like to do some off-roading and that's not going to happen with the current rear stabilizers.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would contact Lippert to verify the suggested stabilizer height and you might even take a photo. That will give you some points to argue should that be necessary.
    I also think mine are a little too low.I left Lippert CS a message two or three days ago and have not received any response. Telephone is obviously the way to go with them.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same issue. Mine scrape the driveway while backing up. Glad to find your post. Mine are 24 1/2" long. GD are sending out 2 new ones. They don't want old ones back as they are used.
    Thanks for the info.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. I just picked up my 278bh. I’m going to measure them when I get home. They are def pretty low. I did look yesterday and I noticed that I might be able to raise mine up one mounting hole.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Lippert website tells how to determine if they are the right height.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast