User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Water seeping in under sofa and other places

  1. #1
    Left The Driveway
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Water seeping in under sofa and other places

    We’re new to the RV life and have a 2020 Imagine XLS 17 mke. No issues on first two trips. This trip, after getting it back from dealer for annual and warranty and dewinterization, hooked up to city water at site and water is seeping in under the sofa, in the pass through and a place in the bathroom. Changed over to fresh water fill, turned on water pump and it smells like something is burning.
    Any ideas are truly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Meandering through the Carolinas and TN
    Posts
    5,473
    Blog Entries
    19
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the world of RVs, 3 spots and none makes any sense to me unless you have water lines running front to back. Was it raining at all?
    Is the smell electrical ? Check the pump for loose connections also check at the pump switch . I'm not familiar with how things are run in the Imagine so hope someone with that model chimes in.

    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 Duramax Longbed SRW
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/


  3. #3
    Paid my dues 😁 FT4NOW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,813
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did the burning smell start with the pump, or is the furnace on too? Sometimes the furnace will have a burning smell. Not sure where your winterizing connections and valves are located, but I would start there and see if there is any evidence of water leakage.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2021 Reflection 311BHS
    2018 F350 CC/LB/Firestone bags/Reese Goose Box

    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH
    SOLD - 2016 F350 CC/LB/DRW/Curt Q24/Air Lift Load Lifter 5000


  4. #4
    Left The Driveway
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for replying but no heater involved. We had the water issue & opted for a fresh fill, turned the water pump on and ...smells...wrong...like something is burning.
    Leon & Becky Parrish
    2020 Imagine XLS 17 mke
    2019 Silverado 1500 Crewcab
    Always take the road less traveled

  5. #5
    Site Sponsor boyscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,974
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Parrish423 View Post
    We’re new to the RV life and have a 2020 Imagine XLS 17 mke. No issues on first two trips. This trip, after getting it back from dealer for annual and warranty and dewinterization, hooked up to city water at site and water is seeping in under the sofa, in the pass through and a place in the bathroom. Changed over to fresh water fill, turned on water pump and it smells like something is burning.
    Any ideas are truly appreciated.
    Hi, welcome to the forum.

    We're all kinda shooting in the dark here because your report doesn't match anything we see often. Sorry there's not (so far) an ah-ha moment.

    My post is to suggest the obvious: with water seeping around something electrical may be shorting out. It's not likely the pump unless you've got water spraying near it, but could be other electrical devices that have experienced water incursion. Your nose may not be misleading you, and it would be safest to disconnect shore power and the batteries while you explore the water issues.

    Like others who have responded so far I don't know your trailer so can't advise helpfully on what to open up and look for. If you've been satisfied with your dealer's service, maybe a return trip is the best way to deal with this. Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

  6. #6
    Left The Driveway
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really appreciate everyone’s posts. We just can’t figure it out. My husband is worried it’s something he did while winterizing it but we’re clueless. Our dealerships service is well below sub par but we live in TN and are currently in FL. I’ll call GD in the morning and see what they say and suggest. We did a fresh fill but are concerned using the water pump so we will be Mr & Mrs Stinky in the interim. Whether a flaw or our fault, it’s a learning lesson but won’t stop us from enjoying the RV life. We truly appreciate each and every one of you out there and hope Life is Good for all.
    Leon & Becky Parrish
    2020 Imagine XLS 17 mke
    2019 Silverado 1500 Crewcab
    Always take the road less traveled

  7. #7
    Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Meandering through the Carolinas and TN
    Posts
    5,473
    Blog Entries
    19
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Parrish423 View Post
    Thank you for replying but no heater involved. We had the water issue & opted for a fresh fill, turned the water pump on and ...smells...wrong...like something is burning.
    We too had that burning smell with our Reflection. Turned out to be a wire at the hot water tank. Pulled the door inside the kitchen in front of the hot water tank where the electric is hooked up and found a burnt wire, Repaired it a year and a half ago and have had no problem since.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 Duramax Longbed SRW
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/


  8. #8
    Site Sponsor Canyonlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    3,079
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Parrish423 View Post
    I really appreciate everyone’s posts. We just can’t figure it out. My husband is worried it’s something he did while winterizing it but we’re clueless. Our dealerships service is well below sub par but we live in TN and are currently in FL. I’ll call GD in the morning and see what they say and suggest. We did a fresh fill but are concerned using the water pump so we will be Mr & Mrs Stinky in the interim. Whether a flaw or our fault, it’s a learning lesson but won’t stop us from enjoying the RV life. We truly appreciate each and every one of you out there and hope Life is Good for all.
    Keep us posted sharing the feedback on your conversation with GDRV Customer Service.

    Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

  9. #9
    Left The Driveway
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Welcome to the world of RVs, 3 spots and none makes any sense to me unless you have water lines running front to back. Was it raining at all?
    Is the smell electrical ? Check the pump for loose connections also check at the pump switch . I'm not familiar with how things are run in the Imagine so hope someone with that model chimes in.

    Thanks for the input. I just spoke to GD and they said I do have water lines running from the pass through on the driver’s side to the pump which is on the opposite side and to the rear. Right now they’re guessing a clamp or fitting gave way and they are working on getting me fixed. Well, not me but the trailer. Lol
    Leon & Becky Parrish
    2020 Imagine XLS 17 mke
    2019 Silverado 1500 Crewcab
    Always take the road less traveled

  10. #10
    Left The Driveway
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    We too had that burning smell with our Reflection. Turned out to be a wire at the hot water tank. Pulled the door inside the kitchen in front of the hot water tank where the electric is hooked up and found a burnt wire, Repaired it a year and a half ago and have had no problem since.
    Thanks for the info. Anything is possible but hoping to find out soon.
    Leon & Becky Parrish
    2020 Imagine XLS 17 mke
    2019 Silverado 1500 Crewcab
    Always take the road less traveled

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.