User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Parrish423 View Post
    Thanks for the input. I just spoke to GD and they said I do have water lines running from the pass through on the driver’s side to the pump which is on the opposite side and to the rear. Right now they’re guessing a clamp or fitting gave way and they are working on getting me fixed. Well, not me but the trailer. Lol
    Please post back with a report of everything found/fixed when the problem is sorted out; it may help someone else in the future. Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Parrish423 View Post
    We’re new to the RV life and have a 2020 Imagine XLS 17 mke. No issues on first two trips. This trip, after getting it back from dealer for annual and warranty and dewinterization, hooked up to city water at site and water is seeping in under the sofa, in the pass through and a place in the bathroom. Changed over to fresh water fill, turned on water pump and it smells like something is burning.
    Any ideas are truly appreciated.
    If you are at all handy with basic tools, pull any inspection panels in the area of the suspected leak or where you noticed the smell. Turn things back on in stages while watching/listening for anything unusual. Anything badly shorted should cause a fuse to blow or breaker to pop which would also give a clue as to where the issue might be.
    Obviously if a very strong burning smell is noticed, kill all power until the source is found!
    Good luck.

-Rob-
    Rob, Chris and fur baby Maya - Follow us at rctravels.rmcd.ca
    2019 Solitude 374TH, Victron Multiplus II 3000 2x120, Cerbo GX, 6x Battle Born 100AH, 1800W Solar, Blue Sky CC's, Starlink
    2023 GMC Sierra Duramax Denali 4x4 DRW Longbox Crew Cab, Curt Q25

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fix to Water Issue

It turns out once I connected my water to the inlet, behind that panel it starts branching off and the leak was happening at the outdoor shower cold water connection. It would then find it's way to the places I found water. If I wasn't perfectly level, I may see it in one place more than another. We have never used the outdoor shower or had anything hooked up to it. Since we had water in the passthrough and a tinch inside the camper when we picked it up from the dealership where they dewinterized it for us (we just never thought anything of it...we're too new at this.), the repair tech's guess was the connection failed at that point and they just didn't look into why there was water in the passthrough at the least. He gave us the option of replace or close it off and we chose to close it off. As far as any burning smell, he could not find a thing so I have to chalk that up to an over sensitive nose while stressing about the leak. The most awesome outcome in this mess, two things...one, I was able to continue on my 3.5 week trip throughout FL and had a great time. The second and by far the best....Grand Design said "we're not kicking you to the curb for being 3 weeks past warranty and we'll reimburse you the full amount". THAT was an incredibly nice gesture, they followed through and they now have GD customers for life.
    First photo is repair tech's written. Second is of where the leak was occurring...you have to zoom in and you'll see where the water is dripping. Third is of the tech's repair.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9061.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	33924

Name:	Drip.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	33925

Name:	IMG_9060.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	33926

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and ideas and suggestions. It's great to have this type of resource to turn to.,
    Leon & Becky Parrish
    2020 Imagine XLS 17 mke
    2019 Silverado 1500 Crewcab
    Always take the road less traveled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there, we are having a similar issue with our 22mle, with a leak that occurs when the water pump is on, from the outdoor shower cold tap. We’ve had the trailer since last August, so it is still new. Will this ever be corrected so that you again have use of your shower? (By GD?)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there. Our issue was resolved and the leak wasn’t just when the water pump was on. It was when we hooked up to a water source period. When we hooked up and turned the supply on, we’d see it doing a slow drip under the camper and on the pass through and different places inside the camper. I spoke with Michelle Jones in customer support and she was incredible in getting us the help while on the road, even though we were technically out of warranty by 3 weeks. The mobile tech fixed us, we paid up front & GD has reimbursed us. We just got it back from our dealer and they did a reconnect on the outdoor shower valve, still covered under warranty. We could not be happier with the way GD took care of us. I’d call GD and let them try to source the problem and I feel they will get you taken care of.
    Good luck and happy camping!
    Leon & Becky Parrish
    2020 Imagine XLS 17 mke
    2019 Silverado 1500 Crewcab
    Always take the road less traveled

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kayo kruiser View Post
    We have this same issue after just arriving at our campsite so nowhere near the dealer. Here are photos. Does anyone have a quick fix suggestion as we can't turn the water pump on without water running out of this cold water outdoor shower connection.
    Your other post has been deleted as it was cross-posted in more than one place. Most members will look at the New Posts thread and will see your post no matter which sub-forum its in. Since this is an old thread, it's best to start a new one with your question on its own.

Hopefully someone familiar with your model will come along soon, but it sounds like an issue with the outside shower faucet or the connection on the back side of it. Are both of the valves off for the outside shower?

Rob
    Last edited by Second Chance; 05-16-2022 at 06:22 PM.
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the outdoor valves are off. The leak is behind the panel.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kayo kruiser View Post
    Yes, the outdoor valves are off. The leak is behind the panel.
    If the plastic fitting isn't cracked/broken, a new hose clamp could get you going again. If the connector is cracked, a temporary fix would be to remove the hose from the back side and plug it with something the appropriate diameter and a hose clamp.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    If the plastic fitting isn't cracked/broken, a new hose clamp could get you going again. If the connector is cracked, a temporary fix would be to remove the hose from the back side and plug it with something the appropriate diameter and a hose clamp.

Rob
    Thanks, Rob. We hav
    e tried clamping it. The end won't come off as it appears to be threaded crooked.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12