Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blackstone Grill?

Kids got us a Blackstone grill Tailgator model with grill and BBQ for Christmas. This thing is HEAVY! Changed the hose to a 10' with quick connect to use coaches plug in. Which begs an answer in itself. Who in the hell thought having it that far underneath was a good idea? Anyway my question to those that have this grill, is how you move it? Great grill and works awesome but did I mention this sucker is HEAVY? I don't really want to mount it on the back for a number of reasons, one being I would have to replumb the propane connect to the back, but may have to if I can't come up with a better idea for moving it from back of truck to ground.
    2019 F150 4x4 screw sb with max towing
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    2 many former rigs to list.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My next project is to figure out how to extend the QD out to the side of the trailer so I don't have to get on my hands and knees to access it.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobnColo View Post
    Kids got us a Blackstone grill Tailgator model with grill and BBQ for Christmas. This thing is HEAVY! Changed the hose to a 10' with quick connect to use coaches plug in. Which begs an answer in itself. Who in the hell thought having it that far underneath was a good idea? Anyway my question to those that have this grill, is how you move it? Great grill and works awesome but did I mention this sucker is HEAVY? I don't really want to mount it on the back for a number of reasons, one being I would have to replumb the propane connect to the back, but may have to if I can't come up with a better idea for moving it from back of truck to ground.
    BUY THE CARRYING CASES!

The first trip out I did not have the carrying cases and moving it was a chore. It took both me and the DW to move the still assembled grill. The rule was less than 3 nights Tailgater does not come out of the truck! But since I purchased the carrying cases the base is in one bag and the griddle and grill shell is in the other bag. The bags with handles make it soooooo much easier to get them in and out of the back of our truck. I chose NOT to use the longer hose and QD. It started because I ordered a hose/QD kit from Amazon that did not fit the Tailgater even though it said it would fit. I use a 20# propane bottle carried in a milk crate. Using the 20# bottle allows me to put the grill WHEREVER I want. My experience has been that where my my propane QD port is located on our trailer the grill would always be in the way. My QD port is between the door and front passthrough storage. Which for our campsites is always right in the walkway.

When I purchased my cases I could not believe the quality of the cases for the price paid. I also purchased one of their covers. The cover I got was designed for the large 4 burner griddle. But the cover fits the Tailgater very well. The cost was about $30+ish. The quality is very, very good. Heavy water repellant canvas. I have paid $35 dollars at Lowes for a cover on my home gas grill. They last about 6 months in Florida.

Also, I love the Tailgater. It is so versatile and gives me many options for cooking. I have even successfully used the grill side as an oven and a pizza oven. With the griddle only having the one control knob you do need to learn to properly stage your cooking based on temperatures and how to use the 'cooler' areas of the grill.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that's a big one. We have the 2 burner for our needs. Definitely easier to tote and came with the bag. I'm really responding about the QD. The logic is an attempt to keep it within a more protected zone of the camper. It's no big deal to relocate how you want. I expect yours is plumbed by a hose from the manifold block. Having a longer hose made is an easy solution and can be done locally or through the internet from MB Sturgis. Our S-Class did not have a convenience QD so I plumbed one in the curbside propane closet. Can either use right there with door open or snake the hose up from the open bottom with door closed.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania