User Tag List

Thread: Ovens in 17MKE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ovens in 17MKE

Where are all the foodies? I thought this forum would be the most lively of all of them.

We just bought our Imagine 17MKE with the 17" Furrion oven. Does anyone have any feedback on how much they do with that oven? That size takes some creativity and it sounds like you should open the oven several times to rotate the food. We'll probably keep using our dutch oven for larger items when the weather if fair. In our pop-up, we used a toaster oven for frozen pizzas, corn dogs, and cookies and I'm wondering if we should hang on to that electronic toaster oven if the oven uses up a lot of propane. I guess a more general question would be what appliances do you have in the camper?
    Michele & Ivee, Hayden (son), Cocoa (princess canine)

2020 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2010 Jayco J-Series 1007

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've only had our 22mle for a Covid season. Only used the oven on rainy windy days where the awning had to stay closed. Otherwise, most cooking is on the grill and next year will be in a pellet grill. Like you've noticed, you won't be cooking a full bird in that stove. At least not intact. We've so far only roasted potatoes wedge and vegetables in it.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We do nothing with the oven, it's just to small ours is 3" from rack to roof. We have a 7 in 1 (toaster/air fryer/dehydrater, ect) and a combo crockpot/rice cooker. Most meals/meats are cooked outside over lump charcoal but we need ways to cook on rainey days when when we want things to cook while we're gone. I would definitely keep the toaster oven.
    2021 Reflection 340RDS
    2022 Ram 3500 Big Horn/CCSB//4X4/SRW/HEMI/4:10
    2019 Imagine 2250RK~Sold

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try an instant pot mini for many things. Also, a sous vide set up is great for many things. Both require shore power.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use ours for re-heating food cooked at home. It also works good for small frozen pizzas. We're short timers so the oven is not that important but yes, it really is kind of a joke.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use our oven....mostly as a bread box. But have cooked in it, get a thermometer to judge how off the temp is and adjust accordingly. Also put a pizza stone in the bottom of the cooking area above the burner and as large as you can get in there. This will help regulate and hopefully alleviate some burnt bottoms on cookies, cornbread etc.
    We have more appliances that we used to...a Ninja foodi (love the foodi) and recently added a toaster oven/air fryer..have not mastered baking in that yet ..mostly we cook outside using anything from the weber charcoal grill , a Q for when in a hurry and the camp chef stove..also the DO but not using that as much as we used to and only bring it when we are group camping.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/