Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Electrical beep from coach when parked in storage

Need some help on an Electrical issue

I have a 2018 M351 purchased in Nov 2017. The storage facility I park at has a 30amp service at the unit. Whenever I park there and plug into the 30 amp service, I hear one beep about every minute. I can’t figure out where the beep comes from. I use a Camco 30amp to 50amp adapter to connect to the 50amp line. Once the beeping starts – I can’t get it to stop. I have unplugged the adapter and 50amp line to the unit, then disconnected the battery and it will continue to beep about once a minute. The only thing I can do to make it stop seems to be connecting it back to the truck and the beeping stops.

I plugged my EMS unit a EMS-PT50X into the 30amp to 50amp adapter to see if any errors show up on the power, but the EMS just read normal.

This is the 2nd time this has happened at the storage facility, and never occurs while out at camp grounds. The first time I didn’t disconnect the battery and it ended up running down the battery. I know I’m doing something wrong, but can’t figure it out. Any assistance would really be helpful.
    Bruce and Jill - DFW, TX
    And the golden girls - Sidera and Reagan

2017 Ford F350 with 6.2L
    2018 351M Titan Disk brakes, MORryde SRE4000, Upper LED brake lights.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidera View Post
    Need some help on an Electrical issue

I have a 2018 M351 purchased in Nov 2017. The storage facility I park at has a 30amp service at the unit. Whenever I park there and plug into the 30 amp service, I hear one beep about every minute. I can’t figure out where the beep comes from. I use a Camco 30amp to 50amp adapter to connect to the 50amp line. Once the beeping starts – I can’t get it to stop. I have unplugged the adapter and 50amp line to the unit, then disconnected the battery and it will continue to beep about once a minute. The only thing I can do to make it stop seems to be connecting it back to the truck and the beeping stops.

I plugged my EMS unit a EMS-PT50X into the 30amp to 50amp adapter to see if any errors show up on the power, but the EMS just read normal.

This is the 2nd time this has happened at the storage facility, and never occurs while out at camp grounds. The first time I didn’t disconnect the battery and it ended up running down the battery. I know I’m doing something wrong, but can’t figure it out. Any assistance would really be helpful.
    Do you have auto level? And, if so, are you level when you connect? I know when our auto level fails (pretty much every time we put it in storage) I have to acknowledge the fail before it will stop.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes the M351 has auto level and is leveled before I connect any external power. I haven't had any issue with auto level failure except once when it needed greater height in front at a park. Never had an issue while at the storage place.
    Bruce and Jill - DFW, TX

2017 Ford F350 with 6.2L

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bruce - I am going to guess that the beep is coming from your propane alarm and it is telling you that you have a weak trailer battery.

When you turn off your battery switch, you disconnect the house wiring and the converter from the battery, but the alarm is directly wired and is not disconnected. (This is one of the parasitic losses that kills the battery in storage). Thus, when you are camping and the battery switch is on, the converter keeps the battery topped up or when you connect the truck, the truck charging system tops up the trailer battery. Either of these will stop the propane alarm low battery voltage warning.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob,

Thanks for the response Rob - So there is no way to disconnect or turn off this alarm other than replace the main battery with a new one? or just manually disconnect the battery? What I don't understand is if I plug into the 30amp circuit at the storage facility it still beeps. I would think if everything was connected and plugged into 30amp service it would keep the battery topped off (when battery is connected) and the alarm wouldn't sound.

Sign me - perplexed...
    Bruce and Jill - DFW, TX

2017 Ford F350 with 6.2L

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bruce - If you plug into shore power at the storage facility and leave the battery switch in the on position . . . does it still beep?

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it does.
    Bruce and Jill - DFW, TX

2017 Ford F350 with 6.2L

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidera View Post
    Yes it does.
    That kind of shoots a hole in my theory . I think you are going to have to figure out exactly which device is beeping .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the refrigerator left on? If so, any faults on the display?
    Barb and Blair, retired and loving it
    2017 F250 Lariat Super Cab, Short bed, 4x4, diesel, Tow Technology Bundle, Pullrite 16K Autoslide
    2017 Reflection 307MKS, 3/17 Build
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE - I still don't know what is causing the beeping however I've pinpointed where the sound is coming from and when it occurs. We had the coach out for Memorial day and the moment I pulled it into the storage facility parking spot it started beeping. It was still connected to the truck and truck running. All I did was pull into the spot, put the truck in park, and walked back to make sure I was in with sufficient room and it started beeping. The sound seems to come somewhere near bedroom slide (which on a M351 is on the drivers side). I'm going to send a not to Grand Design and see if they have a clue. This just drives me crazy!!
    Bruce and Jill - DFW, TX

2017 Ford F350 with 6.2L

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast