0 Thread(s)
    Verrrry hard to find!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Jenkins View Post
    Thanks for all the info, guys. We're looking at a 2018 Tradesman crew cab with DRW, 4WD, 3.73 rear axle ratio, Aisin transmission, limited-slip differential, and trailer brake control. Mileage is 104,790. Looks like it should handle our '21 320MKS with ease, and even something larger if we should wish to trade up sometime in the future. Right now, we have been living in our RV in a campground since January, when we sold our house and most of our possessions, and are extremely comfortable. My wife says it feels like an extended vacation with all the comforts of home! She is facing one more surgery, to fuse vertebrae in her lower back, and once she recuperates from that we will hit the road.

Getting back to my original question, I did some research on 2015--2018 Ram 3500 trucks on ramtrucks.com and it appears that only the crew cab, long bed, 4WD, dually diesels offer a choice of 3.42, 3.73, or 4.10 rear axle ratios. It appears that everything else has the 3.43 rear end. It also appears that DRWs only come on long-bed trucks, if I'm reading the data correctly. I should add that some of the gas-powered trucks do offer a choice of rear-axle ratios, but I'm only interested in diesels.

The Tradesman your looking at will pull that reflection fine. It will pull a Momentum @ 20,000 too. We pulled our Momentum with a Duramax, 3:73 gears in the west as well as Colorado. We did Wolf Creek pass at 20 mph but we did it. That was without the HO cummins and asian.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12