User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extended warranty - national rv care?????

Just bought a brand new Solitude 310 GK - Love it - just getting going

We're still in window of buying / being offered extended warranty - thinking of doing a 3 year add on to base 1 year Grand Desgin

Do you all have opinion on value of extended warranty??

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DBISS7 View Post
    Just bought a brand new Solitude 310 GK - Love it - just getting going

We're still in window of buying / being offered extended warranty - thinking of doing a 3 year add on to base 1 year Grand Desgin

Do you all have opinion on value of extended warranty??
    It's a gambling game. The prevailing opinion here seems to be - put your money in an interest bearing account and use that for any fixes you may need. Typically, you'll spend more on the extended warranties than just fixing things that break in the time span covered. Now, that's not totally true, some people have saved money because they had an extended warranty, but most don't.

We bought the extended warranties when we got our rig, about 8 months in we cancelled them all.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My opinion, save your money for any needed repairs after year one. If you do a search in this forum for extended warranties or extended warranty or something similar you will get many hits. The topic has been discussed previously.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a suggestion: call two or three dealer's service departments (not the dealer you are buying from) and ask how they handle repairs on the extended warranty you are considering. I think you will find it different than extended warranties sold by automobile companies, i.e Toyota, Honda, GM.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    Just a suggestion: call two or three dealer's service departments (not the dealer you are buying from) and ask how they handle repairs on the extended warranty you are considering. I think you will find it different than extended warranties sold by automobile companies, i.e Toyota, Honda, GM.
    This! Most do not honor let alone want to deal with extended warranty claims as it ties up too much time. They would require you to pay up front and let you deal with the warranty company. I'm of the thought that putting the money in a decent mutual fund and letting it grow would be more beneficial in the long run. I also find it suspect that I can get a 7 yr 100000mile extended warranty with $100 deductible and car rental on my 2018 F150 for 1/3 the cost of a warranty on my 260RD.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 04-07-2021 at 08:39 AM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    This! Most do honor let alone want to deal with extended warranty claims as it ties up too much time. They would require you to pay up front and let you deal with the warranty company. I'm of the thought that putting the money in a decent mutual fund and letting it grow would be more beneficial in the long run. I also find it suspect that I can get a 7 yr 100000mile extended warranty with $100 deductible and car rental on my 2018 F150 for 1/3 the cost of a warranty on my 260RD.
    Ace, wouldn't it be cool if we could buy a trailer that was built like you F-150! It's no wonder that (as far as I know) all trailer extended warranties are 3rd party. The manufacturer doesn't want in this business for obvious reasons.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d shop the warranty after you’ve owned for 10 months. You don’t have to buy from selling dealer. Make em bid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro