User Tag List

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First Impressions on 2021 Solitude 310-GK

Yesterday we picked up our 2021 310-GK. After having several horror show PDI's in the past, yesterday was a nice surprise. The only issue was a bent screen door frame that has been straightened but will be replaced by the dealer. That's it...so far. The shakedown trip begins today, but so far I am pretty darn impressed.

The fit and finish is far superior to the Heartland Bighorn that we traded. The roof membrane was perfectly laid and caulked extremely well. The interior fit and finish is excellent and all systems functioned well. No exterior or sidewall issues.

The unit came with Lippert one control which I have not yet attempted to use, and also with the Lippert Tire pressure monitoring system...also not yet used.

There IS NO hidden compartment above the fireplace. This unit just came offline so it looks like that's gone for the moment. I was troubled at first by the lack of an HDMI connection for the satellite receiver to connect to the tv...but found the wiring chase so I am hoping it's a straightforward and easy process. It would have been nice if they had done this at the factory. I suspect many extended stay rver's need to run a satellite cable.

I am very happy with the spring hanger reinforcement. Gussetted and with an additional welded v-shaped support. Mor-Ryde heavy-duty shackles and wet bolts. This is the best factory job I've seen on a 15,000 lb fifth wheel. I may add an additional support, but it's not a priority based on what I am seeing.

The biggest disappointment is the lack of factory shocks...but we knew that going in. I'm going to install Sumo springs and hope that they are as effective as the Timbren springs in my truck.

The dealer had optioned H-rated tires, and they are certainly robust. A bit of overkill never hurt anyone.

All in all, a great-looking fifth wheel that seems well constructed.

Today we'll hook up to city water and really get to test all systems better! Tomorrow add the backup camera and install the washer/dryer.

That's it for now!

Celt

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enjoy!
    We have had a couple minor issues that will get serviced under warranty.
    The fireplace doesn't work (lights up though) and one of the trays on the recliners lost its lug so it does not stay in the hole.

We are verry pleased after 4 months of ownership of our 2021 310GK-R. Wife absolutely loves the residential fridge.
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity