User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang dude, apparently I touched a nerve. Thanks for the dissertation.

Again, wasn’t trying to be insulting at all, and I’m certainly disappointed that you took it that way. You have your opinion, and (unlike in our modern political environment) I believe you’re entitled to it. Was just pointing out that some of us have completely different opinions and expectations. Was just trying to show the OP a different point of view to help them make a decision.

Again, happy camping!
    -Rob
    2020 Imagine 2800BH
    2019 Ford F-150 3.5EB SCREW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats to them! The 2910 looks like a fantastic layout. Might have gone that direction if it was available at the time we were looking.

-Rob
    2020 Imagine 2800BH
    2019 Ford F-150 3.5EB SCREW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baileyre3 View Post
    Dang dude, apparently I touched a nerve. Thanks for the dissertation.

Again, wasn’t trying to be insulting at all, and I’m certainly disappointed that you took it that way. You have your opinion, and (unlike in our modern political environment) I believe you’re entitled to it. Was just pointing out that some of us have completely different opinions and expectations. Was just trying to show the OP a different point of view to help them make a decision.

Again, happy camping!
    -Rob
    Yes you touched many nerve endings....i need a hug now, and an award. Not sure for what, but an award for something would be nice.... just joking. Yes the OP is entitled to various opinions and insights. My experience isnt shared by most im sure otherwise GD wouldnt have the rep they largely do. However, my experience so far has been a realistic view of what can happen on even a GD product that is touted as having such high quality build, PDI inhouse, and the rest of their marketing campaign slogans. Im a bit upset that my trailer has had the issues we've found so far and that they should have been caught during a PDI process if GD actually accomplished one as they state on their website

"100% PDI Inspection | We put every Grand Design unit through a series of quality inspection gates during the manufacturing process. Once completed, the unit undergoes a comprehensive final finish inspection. From here, most manufacturers ship their units on to the dealer for retail sale. Not Grand Design…Every one of our units are shipped to a separate PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) facility where they are again put through a 250+ point inspection. It is only after this that we deem a unit ready to ship to our dealers"

I CALL BULLSH*T on this ^

Oh and so far, dealing like a broker between the dealer who is repairing all the issues and GD in order to make sure that parts are ordered, parts are sent, etc....is ridiculous. Anyways, enough of my rant, Happy camping to you as well Rob.
    To the OP, I hope the trailer treats your family well! Im sure you will enjoy it if its nothing compared to ours in regards to issues. They are a good looking trailer with a nice/comfy floorplan which works well for families with a couple of kids, pets etc.
    2022 Ram 2500 Laramie - Cummins
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 2018 and I to have a heat distribution problem but not a deal breaker but sucks. Ac not a problem with us as it stays cool. We did replace all the mattresses they sucked but most camper ones do. Didn’t like the door windows as they didn’t match the other windows so got some LCI ones with built in blinds. New shower head. I do have a problem with baggage doors bowing but the new models are thicker with slam latches. We do love it not a lot of problems with it but dealer had to replace all the stability jacks as they would self retract. Water leak behind the rear spray port. Water leak under the shower one time. But all good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 GD 2800BH
    2005 Tundra, 2010 sequoia
    Wife & 2 kids

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall we are very happy with ours. Yes there are minor flaws and the PDI was able to catch some, but for goodness sake I can only compare it to our 35 foot sailboat. Similar size , quality control of the sailboat is excellent.

I didn’t have unrealistic expectations our GD would have very few quality control issues....it’s 1/10 the cost of the sailboat and quite economically priced for what you get IMHO. Going into the purchase I was able to differentiate between the dealer hype vs what was realistic to expect, so I can get exercised about the dealer deficiencies.

I bought GD because the manufacturer stood by the issues and has good customer service in my dealings with them.I never expected anything from the dealer except the best price and to prep it for delivery. I did our PDI thoroughly with them and the little issues we found were taken care of immediately. I will not take it to the dealer for warranty work if necessary as GD has already shown the willingness to approve repairs by our own registered technician.

Go into your purchase with REALISTIC expectations. You won’t feel it necessary to rant the negative. Your buying an inexpensive trailer. It’s not a house, a sailboat, or a car. It’s a box on wheels which is like a moving earthquake at times.
    Go into the purchase with the expectation that YOU will have to be handy and fix things like screw pops and blackouts.
    Go into the purchase understanding that you think it should be made a certain way but others want it designed differently.
    Go into the purchase expecting to make modifications to your own tastes and liking.

Like I said I had no perfection illusions about what I was buying. Hell it was half the price of the tow vehicle.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12