Hi all, We're moving up from our 2007 Keystone Montana Mountaineer 32PHD to a 2021 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R (on order). With the kids getting older and not travelling with us much anymore we're looking forward to trading in the rear bunkhouse for a rear living room with all those windows. My sister & brother-in-law picked up a Grand Design Reflection after their previous camper succumbed to an acute case of falling pine tree in 2019. We were impressed with the build quality and feature list on the Grand Design line, much like we were with the Mountaineer in 2007.

My first modification will be to upgrade to a Reese Goose Box. I've got a quote from the dealer which isn't unreasonable for the labor (surprise) but seems pretty steep on the parts markup. I would rather not be swapping this out in the parking lot on delivery date myself and I don't have a fifth wheel hitch in the truck now (2020 F350 6.7 SRW CC LB). I'd also have to scrounge up a larger torque wrench to do it properly. I'm still double-checking exactly which parts are included in the quote, maybe it isn't as outrageous as it first looked and I can let the dealer do it - and warranty it.

We hope to plan a Route 66 trip, if not this summer, then next. It's a good excuse to visit one of our kids in California.

Dan & Connie
SE Wisconsin