Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which Weight Distribution Hitch for 22MLE?

I have always figured I'd get the equalizer 4 point weight Distribution hitch, but thought I might see what others are using/recommend. Can it be installed as instructed at 27"-32" without tanks/batteries in the way?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't have ours yet, but we're going with the Blue Ox SwayPro with 1000lb bars.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Weigh Safe True Tow for our 31G and it has been amazing. The hitch head weighs the tongue and a gauge to display that weight. They have a phone app that you input some dimensions and enter the tongue weight and it tells you how much distributed weight is required. You simply turn a large bolt in the head to adjust and that's it. No guessing or testing. I've been totally impressed. So easy to adjust to different conditions such as how much water you are carrying etc...

Here's the review video from our channel...

2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the Husky Centerline and it works great. My only minor complaint is that its a little noisy in slow tight turns. This is because of the friction bars.
    Now if I were to start over, I'd go with either the Blue Ox or Anderson. Great thing about the Anderson is its super light weight. 60lbs I think.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dealer sells husky centreline ts so that is what I went with had it all set up for me when I got there
    First tow home over 1300 km and I was impressed
    Literally driving with one or two fingers on the 401 but I never go over 63mph
    My Jayco had the Equalizer 4 point and it worked well but it is noisy. I am sure the husky will be noisy eventually as well in tight turns
    I plan on getting a weigh-safe at some point just because it is cutting edge imo

You can’t go wrong with the Equalizer though. Great hitch

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew 1840 payload
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Dealer sells husky centreline ts so that is what I went with had it all set up for me when I got there
    First tow home over 1300 km and I was impressed
    Literally driving with one or two fingers on the 401 but I never go over 63mph
    My Jayco had the Equalizer 4 point and it worked well but it is noisy. I am sure the husky will be noisy eventually as well in tight turns
    I plan on getting a weigh-safe at some point just because it is cutting edge imo

You can’t go wrong with the Equalizer though. Great hitch

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew 1840 payload
    The weight safe is interesting. It adds another foot of length but at least you can open the tailgate while connected. Quick adjustments is also interesting. Haven't really seen any reviews on it though.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It definitely looks high tech, not sure I'd care about opening the trailgate.

Blue OX is interesting also, I'd not seen the chain system before. I tend to gravitate toward things with less moving parts (less things to break.)

All good suggestions, still looking into some.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ended up with the equalizer wdh and am in the process of setting it up. I've cross posted this question on the truck forum I am on, but thought it couldn't hurt to look here also.

My truck is 2wd and on 265/65r18 tires, in the coming months going to 275/65r18 approximately .5 inch taller.

The height to the inside of the coupler is roughly 23-23.5 inches and my ball height on the smaller tires is around 22 inches. I could try the shank inverted to see if I can get closer to the exact height, but wondered how close is close enough?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We won't be picking up our TT for about another month, but I already purchased the Andersen WDH so I could get familiar with it and I've watched the video several times on hook up procedure. Our dealer doesn't sell them so I will be hooking this up myself when we take delivery. It looks very easy to install and is super light (53lbs.) for a lot less tongue weight. You might want to check out their website and some reviews.

https://andersenhitches.com/pages/we...ribution-hitch

Good luck!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Jane View Post
    We ended up with the equalizer wdh and am in the process of setting it up. I've cross posted this question on the truck forum I am on, but thought it couldn't hurt to look here also.

My truck is 2wd and on 265/65r18 tires, in the coming months going to 275/65r18 approximately .5 inch taller.

The height to the inside of the coupler is roughly 23-23.5 inches and my ball height on the smaller tires is around 22 inches. I could try the shank inverted to see if I can get closer to the exact height, but wondered how close is close enough?
    Follow the instructions provided with the hitch

You want the trailer to sit level hooked so very close is best
    Did you input your measurements into their website to determine what shank you would need?

You can have the shank pointing up to reach the correct height

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast