Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weight distribution reference for 2250RK

Hey folks, I'm a brand new owner of a 2250RK and having fun trying to solve weight distribution puzzle. Apologies if this has already been answered. If so, can you place a link to the thread or external links to sites?

I'm looking for a "cheat sheet" that describes how weight is distributed (as a pct) the further away from axles weight is placed. I've seen some general references. the most general example is to load 60/40. Load 60% of weight towards the front. Which is ok for ball parking numbers. But I'm hoping to find (or create?) something a little more specific because I believe the further the weight is from the axles the more it increases/decreases tongue weight. I think a reference sheet like this would be useful for trip planning.

Example (using my 2250RK):
    Jack/Propane = 90% hitch/10% axle;
    Batteries = 80% hitch/20% axle;
    Front storage = 70% hitch/30% on axle;
    Fresh Water Tank = ???
    Bathroom = ??
    Kitchen = ??

I'm hoping this type of information exists already. If not then I'll attempt to gather the information required to create it.

BTW--i'm towing with a 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew 5.3l - Z71 - Trailer Pkg (Not Max) - Fastway E2 WDH. E2 was provided by dealer. I wanted the E4 but they were REALLY hesitant to install it. It was a very frustrating conversation because I felt like I knew more than they did. But it was what they were willing to throw in as part of the deal so I just went with it thinking I can switch later if needed.
    Last edited by Dlovett; 04-07-2021 at 02:06 PM.