Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello from NY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello from NY

My name is Larry and my wife Cara and i recently picked up a 2019 Reflection 315RTLS. We just came back for a 2 week maidan voyage to Myrtle Beach and back. For the most part no issues. Big question is refrigerator related. We have a double door Dometic fridge and the fans are very loud. I have never had a double door or a Dometic so i do not know if this is normal. Anyone have any similar experience?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry G View Post
    My name is Larry and my wife Cara and i recently picked up a 2019 Reflection 315RTLS. We just came back for a 2 week maidan voyage to Myrtle Beach and back. For the most part no issues. Big question is refrigerator related. We have a double door Dometic fridge and the fans are very loud. I have never had a double door or a Dometic so i do not know if this is normal. Anyone have any similar experience?
    First, welcome to the Grand Design family! Lots of good information here.

The fans should be on the back of the refer and should be running almost constantly. Mine are very quiet. I have to assume something is brushing against the fan blades or one (or both) fans are "bad".

Remove both black refrigerator vents on the outside of the coach and try to look at the back of the refer. From the factory, mine has two fans, about 2/3's if the way up, blowing straight up with the temperature sensor stuck to the insulation around the chimney. I added a second set of fans at the very top, blowing out the grill. We might also have to add the internal fan kit (I don't remember who makes them) if our temps still don't stay down.

To actually see the fans, I had to use my bore scope.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel