User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should really start a thread called, “One in a Million: This RV dealership takes care of their customer after the sale. Easy warranty work!”

My experience has been every RV service department I have dealt with has been a solid let-down. I try to repair everything myself. Much easier than surrendering your RV for months, to have it still broken, or something new broken.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feel your pain. We have a flexing hitch issue on our 397TH. First round with GD customer service was less than great, and the dealer wasn’t interested in looking into an issue like this. Third call to GD with a bit of anger on my part got me to a very nice person that is over customer service. She referred us to another dealer. They told me in advance that it would be a month before they could even touch it. A month later the dealer has completed the preliminary inspection and we are waiting on GD to respond. The wait is frustrating. As far as tank sensors go, every rv we have owned had flaky readings. We clean them occasionally by putting calgon and dawn and filling the 1/4 to half full the drive it around then rinse it out. The readings are good for about 3 or so uses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furrbabies View Post
    We purchased our 2020 397TH in November 2019. We have been extremely happy with our rig. We called our dealer to get some minor things repaired under our warranty like tank readings, under belly lighting, leveling jack leak, one panel stopped working and a few other things. Dealer took two months to get it in. It has been at their facility for three weeks and they are just now starting to get to it. We were told 2-3 weeks for everything to be corrected. We are getting calls from our service writer telling us about how they want to charge us $225.00 per tank for cleaning. The readings have been 33% from the day we picked it up on delivery. Salesman said they all read that way. All I am getting is how they can't do the task at hand for what ever reason. I am extremely disappointed. We were willing to pay a little more for the grand design because of their reputation for service and quality. Now that we are in need of said service I am getting feeling of regret.
    Has anyone else had such a good time with Happy Daze or any other service provider? Or since Grand Design sold to Winnebago do they just not care anymore? Just venting as someone that used to boast about our rig when people would ask us about it. Finding it hard to recommend Grand Design as of now.
    Yelp is your friend. Let them know you'll post locally regarding your dissatisfaction with their dealership. Or you can praise them to the heavens for their "prompt" attention to your needs.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Learned lessons the hard way.

Grand Design was a huge let down for us. There is no accountability between the repair shop and the owners. We took our 2018 308bhts in for warranty work and the shop took the money from Grand Design, never did the work, then went out of business. We were stuck with slide out issues, roof problems and axle problems. Our decals were even damaged upon arrival. We photographed and documented all the problems, and there were a lot. When I contacted Grand Design they said “Sorry, we can’t payout for the same work twice.” I was left with a useless warranty and a travel trailer that has been a complete disappointment. I have determined never buy new again and our next RV will not be a Grand Design. I understand that my particular issue was not their fault, but they we very unsympathetic to say the least. I don’t believe any money should be paid out until the customer tells the manufacturer that they are satisfied with the completed work. We had a tire issues and were even rejected by their Lionshead 1 year no questions ask “warranty”. They said “Oh no. We don’t cover that.” Complete tread failure not covered by No questions asked warranty.
    If you donÂ’t want to be without your RV for months and arenÂ’t sure about the repair shop, plan on doing the work yourself.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I totally feel your pain. During that odd ball week in TX with that winter storm, my electrical system got shorted out and it took the manufacturer ore that 6 weeks to get a new one. This is my primary residence, yet I have been out of my unit for over a month now. And it's still not ready. Warranty tried to deny the claim at first telling me to go through my insurance, when it was their own fault that almost caught the unit on fire because of a loose fitting on the water line that sprayed the compartment and killed my electrical system. As for the tanks, the read on those units will rarely be correct. One trick I have been told is that when the sensor is reading badly, suggest dropping several ice cubes in the tank and drive around for a bit. It will help remove anything clinging to it. Mine was showing full even after draining it. Now it reads normal. The pandemic also played a part in the delay as they are short on people and goods like my computer panel.... But god it would have been nice that instead of building another, to pull one and ship it asap. But the all mighty dollar won out instead. So much for customer service.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furrbabies View Post
    We purchased our 2020 397TH in November 2019. We have been extremely happy with our rig. We called our dealer to get some minor things repaired under our warranty like tank readings, under belly lighting, leveling jack leak, one panel stopped working and a few other things. Dealer took two months to get it in. It has been at their facility for three weeks and they are just now starting to get to it. We were told 2-3 weeks for everything to be corrected. We are getting calls from our service writer telling us about how they want to charge us $225.00 per tank for cleaning. The readings have been 33% from the day we picked it up on delivery. Salesman said they all read that way. All I am getting is how they can't do the task at hand for what ever reason. I am extremely disappointed. We were willing to pay a little more for the grand design because of their reputation for service and quality. Now that we are in need of said service I am getting feeling of regret.
    Has anyone else had such a good time with Happy Daze or any other service provider? Or since Grand Design sold to Winnebago do they just not care anymore? Just venting as someone that used to boast about our rig when people would ask us about it. Finding it hard to recommend Grand Design as of now.
    I agree with others here, dealing with the dealer is a whole different game than dealing with Grand Design! I called GD and they allowed me to get mine fixed at a local independent repair shop! GD was great to deal with, and I was able to get mine fixed and back to me in a couple of weeks!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's really a shame that Grand Design does not put more pressure on dealers to provide better service. It recently took 10 days for my dealer to submit a request for warranty work and Grand Design 1 day to approve it. Maybe they don't pay enough to the dealers so the non-warranty work gets done first. I don't know but a manufacturer's reputation should be tied to the service of their vendors.
    2020 Solitude 310 GKR

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought my trailer from Happy Daze. I haven't been back to them since I signed the paperwork. I have a local RV repair service and take it to him for all my warranty work and other repairs and upgrades. He told me that GD was easy to work with on warranty issues. I call him and make an appointment to bring my trailer in. He figures out what needs to be done in one day and if no parts are ordered he usually fixes it in a day or two. If parts are necessary he orders them, sets up an appointment based on when the parts will arrive and gives me my trailer back. The longest he has had my trailer was four days so the rest of the time I'm free to use it assuming it's not an essential part that's needed. I did take one trip knowing the fridge was not working. It was freezing everything and needed a new control board. It was a bit of a pain monitoring the fridge and turning it off and on but the trip was still a lot of fun.

I don't know which Happy Daze location you purchased from but I bought mine in Sacramento. If you read Yelp reviews the vast majority of one star reviews are complaints about the service department which is why I don't take my trailer to them.
    Last edited by GaryS1964; 04-15-2021 at 05:58 PM.
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2020 F150 XLT V6 EcoBoost SuperCrew 4x4 w/Max trailer towing package

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes Gary Sac. I pick it up Saturday morning and will not go back. I live in the northbay and will be trying to find someone up here.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good independent RV repair shops are not easy to find. Good luck.
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2020 F150 XLT V6 EcoBoost SuperCrew 4x4 w/Max trailer towing package

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast