User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furrbabies View Post
    Finding it hard to recommend Grand Design as of now.
    Don't blame the company for a dealer's incompetence.

Also, if you are in need of parts, there is a nationwide shortage on all components, and parts are delayed.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryS1964 View Post
    I bought my trailer from Happy Daze. I haven't been back to them since I signed the paperwork. I have a local RV repair service and take it to him for all my warranty work and other repairs and upgrades. He told me that GD was easy to work with on warranty issues. I call him and make an appointment to bring my trailer in. He figures out what needs to be done in one day and if no parts are ordered he usually fixes it in a day or two. If parts are necessary he orders them, sets up an appointment based on when the parts will arrive and gives me my trailer back. The longest he has had my trailer was four days so the rest of the time I'm free to use it assuming it's not an essential part that's needed. I did take one trip knowing the fridge was not working. It was freezing everything and needed a new control board. It was a bit of a pain monitoring the fridge and turning it off and on but the trip was still a lot of fun.

I don't know which Happy Daze location you purchased from but I bought mine in Sacramento. If you read Yelp reviews the vast majority of one star reviews are complaints about the service department which is why I don't take my trailer to them.
    GaryS1964. Got mine at Sacramento as well. I'm east of Sacramento. Are you willing to share the name of your RV repair service. Could use the name of someone doing GD warranty work that is reliable. Too many issues with Happy (not so Happy) Daze.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Met a guy with a GD fifth wheel. He said that he automatically schedules an appointment with the dealer 2 months in the future because he know that he will need something done, warranty work or not.
    Harry C
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2610ML
    2015 F350
    Formerly: Jayco Pinnacle 36REQS

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by harryc View Post
    Met a guy with a GD fifth wheel. He said that he automatically schedules an appointment with the dealer 2 months in the future because he know that he will need something done, warranty work or not.
    With our dealer that's not a guarantee that you'll get it back any quicker. You set up the appointment to drop it off, it sits in the yard for at least a week before they pull it into the service bay to "take a look". Once they figure out what needs to be done (or, more rightly, what they're willing to work on), they send a request to GD to cover any warranty work (MAYBE). 2 weeks later, they'll tell you they heard from GD (whether they actually did or not) and tell you it's not covered. Then, it's on you to decide whether to have them do the work anyway (which can take any where from a week to 2 months to complete). THEN you get your rig back.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hangtown2500RL View Post
    GaryS1964. Got mine at Sacramento as well. I'm east of Sacramento. Are you willing to share the name of your RV repair service. Could use the name of someone doing GD warranty work that is reliable. Too many issues with Happy (not so Happy) Daze.
    Harp's RV Service Lincoln, CA
    FYI - His wife handles all the scheduling so you will want to talk to her. She is usually the one who answers the phone.
    Last edited by GaryS1964; 04-24-2021 at 07:27 PM.
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2020 F150 XLT V6 EcoBoost SuperCrew 4x4 w/Max trailer towing package

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryS1964 View Post
    Harp's RV Service Lincoln, CA
    FYI - His wife handles all the scheduling so you will want to talk to her. She is usually the one who answers the phone.
    Thanks for the info. Hopefully will not need but one never knows.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the same problem with Happy Daze Service Department in Sacramento. Sales were great, delivery went well, PDI was good. But when you contact service they told me they could make a appointment and plan on leaving it 2-4 weeks. I have to drive 6 hours to get there and that is just not reasonable for things that could be repaired in 1-2 days. I had a problem last week and called the dealer and they told me they could not even look at until the end of June. Fortunately I was able to find the problem and repaired myself. I called Grand Design and they were really good to work with. Since it is only 4 months old they said okay to get it worked on by a mobile dealer and they would try and reimburse me. I agree that dealers could take a lesson in Customer Service. I work for a Car Dealership Service Department and we make appointments all of the time. Sometimes we can't look at that day but for sure by the next day. I took a look at the Service Department in Sacramento and the trailers are packed in there. I would be afraid to leave my trailer there. I talked to a dealer in Redding and they were more accommodating then my selling dealer. I think Grand Design needs to look at the way customers are treated at different Service Departments. Customer service should be part of being able to keep the franchise.
    Jim Bonhote, 2021 Solitude 2930 RL S-Class, 2015 Ford F350 Platinum

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmer View Post
    We had the same problem with Happy Daze Service Department in Sacramento. Sales were great, delivery went well, PDI was good. But when you contact service they told me they could make a appointment and plan on leaving it 2-4 weeks.
    It seems like the greatest number of complaints about RV dealers is the Service Department. Within that group it seems requiring you to drop of your RV and leave it with them until they get around to fixing it in a few weeks generates the most complaints. I have no idea how a RV dealership works at the financial level so maybe their service model generates the most revenue for them. Can you imagine a car dealership telling you to drop off your car and they may have it for 2-4 weeks or longer? All I know is my independent RV service guy works on appointments and his goal is to have your RV on his property as few days as possible. It must work for him because he is usually booking appointments 4-6 weeks out.

I suspect their are RV dealers who provide excellent customer service via their service department. I just don't know of any near me. We should be promoting those we are aware of. Who knows it may force other RV dealers to change their ways.
    Last edited by GaryS1964; 05-09-2021 at 02:48 PM.
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmer View Post
    We had the same problem with Happy Daze Service Department in Sacramento. Sales were great, delivery went well, PDI was good. But when you contact service they told me they could make a appointment and plan on leaving it 2-4 weeks. I have to drive 6 hours to get there and that is just not reasonable for things that could be repaired in 1-2 days. I had a problem last week and called the dealer and they told me they could not even look at until the end of June. Fortunately I was able to find the problem and repaired myself. I called Grand Design and they were really good to work with. Since it is only 4 months old they said okay to get it worked on by a mobile dealer and they would try and reimburse me. I agree that dealers could take a lesson in Customer Service. I work for a Car Dealership Service Department and we make appointments all of the time. Sometimes we can't look at that day but for sure by the next day. I took a look at the Service Department in Sacramento and the trailers are packed in there. I would be afraid to leave my trailer there. I talked to a dealer in Redding and they were more accommodating then my selling dealer. I think Grand Design needs to look at the way customers are treated at different Service Departments. Customer service should be part of being able to keep the franchise.
    Jim Bonhote, 2021 Solitude 2930 RL S-Class, 2015 Ford F350 Platinum
    I think people forget that, unlike a car dealership (who has a loyalty to the brand and is trying to keep their customers), an RV dealership sells many brands, and has no particular loyalty to any one brand. They know that people who want to buy RVs will continue to come there, regardless of how the service department works.

Now, if GD could open GD only dealerships, with their own service facilities, that would be something. Or just setting up regional GD repair facilities, so someone wouldn't necessarily have to go to the factory for GD specific fixes would be a great idea.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    I think people forget that, unlike a car dealership (who has a loyalty to the brand and is trying to keep their customers), an RV dealership sells many brands, and has no particular loyalty to any one brand. They know that people who want to buy RVs will continue to come there, regardless of how the service department works.

Now, if GD could open GD only dealerships, with their own service facilities, that would be something. Or just setting up regional GD repair facilities, so someone wouldn't necessarily have to go to the factory for GD specific fixes would be a great idea.
    Happy Daze, at least in Sacramento, only sells GD. When I bought my F150 I had a choice of at least eight dealers within a 40 mile radius. When looking for a GD trailer my choice was three Happy Daze dealers within 100 miles. The next closest GD dealer was 350 miles. A lack of competition is probably one of the factors for crappy customer service at the service department. They don't have to provide good customer service because the customer has few options.
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234