We purchased our 2020 397TH in November 2019. We have been extremely happy with our rig. We called our dealer to get some minor things repaired under our warranty like tank readings, under belly lighting, leveling jack leak, one panel stopped working and a few other things. Dealer took two months to get it in. It has been at their facility for three weeks and they are just now starting to get to it. We were told 2-3 weeks for everything to be corrected. We are getting calls from our service writer telling us about how they want to charge us $225.00 per tank for cleaning. The readings have been 33% from the day we picked it up on delivery. Salesman said they all read that way. All I am getting is how they can't do the task at hand for what ever reason. I am extremely disappointed. We were willing to pay a little more for the grand design because of their reputation for service and quality. Now that we are in need of said service I am getting feeling of regret.
Has anyone else had such a good time with Happy Daze or any other service provider? Or since Grand Design sold to Winnebago do they just not care anymore? Just venting as someone that used to boast about our rig when people would ask us about it. Finding it hard to recommend Grand Design as of now.