User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Struggles with warranty work

We purchased our 2020 397TH in November 2019. We have been extremely happy with our rig. We called our dealer to get some minor things repaired under our warranty like tank readings, under belly lighting, leveling jack leak, one panel stopped working and a few other things. Dealer took two months to get it in. It has been at their facility for three weeks and they are just now starting to get to it. We were told 2-3 weeks for everything to be corrected. We are getting calls from our service writer telling us about how they want to charge us $225.00 per tank for cleaning. The readings have been 33% from the day we picked it up on delivery. Salesman said they all read that way. All I am getting is how they can't do the task at hand for what ever reason. I am extremely disappointed. We were willing to pay a little more for the grand design because of their reputation for service and quality. Now that we are in need of said service I am getting feeling of regret.
    Has anyone else had such a good time with Happy Daze or any other service provider? Or since Grand Design sold to Winnebago do they just not care anymore? Just venting as someone that used to boast about our rig when people would ask us about it. Finding it hard to recommend Grand Design as of now.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will say I feel your pain. Also I have to first ask if you contacted GD customer service. If not do so by phone early in the day. Explain your dilemma and concern and open a case number. Ask them to call the service manager if need be.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is all dealer stuff. Has nothing to do with Grand Design which has treated me like royalty so far
    I am beyond amazed

There isn’t a trailer sold that has accurate tanks that I know of
    I personally wouldn’t worry about it

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When did you take it in for service, recently?
    This unit is 2 years old and now out of warranty. If it's an extended warranty Grand Design has nothing to do with it.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=WhittleBurner;361468][COLOR="#B22222"] When did you take it in for service, recently?
    This unit is 2 years old and now out of warranty. If it's an extended warranty Grand Design has nothing to do with it.

Thanks

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I am not really worried about the tanks, I can deal with that. I'm just old school and run my business with honesty and have an attitude of go out of my way to help people. That's not at all what I'm getting from the dealer.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is an extended warranty issue at this point. I will call Grand Design just to share my frustration of the dealer that is representing them poorly. Still love my trailer though.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just another data point on why not to get an extended warranty. They are just trying to get more money out of you at this point. $225 to clean the tanks???? What are they doing, pulling them out and pressure washing the inside with soap and water. Sounds like a sham to me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furrbabies View Post
    It is an extended warranty issue at this point. I will call Grand Design just to share my frustration of the dealer that is representing them poorly. Still love my trailer though.
    Just don’t get upset with Grand Design if they say they can’t help you
    Dealers are independent

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Read through your extended warranty coverage, and see what restrictions there may be about who does the work on it. If in luck, you can use someone else than the current dealer, although this might involve some calling around to see who will process the warranty claim. Even better if you can file your own claim, and be reimbursed.....but many of these warranty companies will do whatever they can to get out of paying. Most of what you describe can be done by a mobile tech in your driveway. If there is a way to cancel the warranty and get some kind of reimbursement for premiums paid, you may consider that, and then just pay someone to fix it.
    IF some of the items occurred during the first year, AND you have some proof of that (prior dealer service work, a call at the time to Grand Design at the time, etc.) Grand Design will likely still cover the problem. Unlikely if it happened after the 1 year mark, though.

Black tank sensors rarely ever work for long, due to "stuff" getting stuck on them. LOTS of flushing, and perhaps a cleaning product of your choice (google the "GEO" method, or there are commercial sensor cleaning products) may get them going again. It is a project that uses a lot of water and subsequent dumping, with high odds that it will happen again. Gray and fresh should be generally fine. If all of yours just don't work at all, or readings on all just never change, then it is more likely an electrical problem.

I currently have completely given up on the Ford dealer I bought my truck from. Almost the same tale of woe as commonly heard about RV dealers. But I don't hold Ford to blame, just that dealership.
    The difference is that Ford strongly holds the dealer accountable for bad service reviews. Wish that was common in the RV world, too. But sadly, 'tis not.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast