User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone done 2000 Watt Inverter with 200AH Lithium install on Imagine 2800BH.

Hi everyone, we are looking to update modify our Imagine 2800BH to 2000 watt inverter and 200AH Lithium. Just wondering if someone has done this to theirs and if you could share pictures and locations of where you place the parts. We are looking at new Batteries, but a friend is updating his trailer from 2000 watt to 3000 watt so he is selling us his old Charger, and Inverter and we will fill in the rest of the parts. Thank you. I think there are a number of Imagine trailer that would be close to the same as the 2800BH as well, I would be excited to hear your experience as well.
    2019 Imagine 2800BH
    2019 Ford Expedition Limited Max with Ruby Red Stealth package.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We installed the 3000 inverter charger because it allowed us to electrify ALL of our 110 outlets in our 2500RL.
    The Victron 3000 /. 120 charger multiplex is a great piece of technology and worth the $1200. You’ll probably wish you’d done that in a year after having the 2000 inverter. 120 charger and automatic relays all confined in one unit

Our batteries and inverter/ Charger along with solar controller located in basement.

https://www.amazon.com/Victron-Multi.../dp/B01AD2MJSK
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with RV sailor on the Victron multi-plus inverter charger being the Cadillac. We now have a Magnum 3000 watt but before we had a 2000 watt Xantrex and for us we had plenty of power. We had the frig and water heater on gas and only use the inverter for the microwave, induction plate and TV. We never ran the microwave or induction plate at the same though to preserve battery voltage.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Sailor View Post
    We installed the 3000 inverter charger because it allowed us to electrify ALL of our 110 outlets in our 2500RL.
    The Victron 3000 /. 120 charger multiplex is a great piece of technology and worth the $1200. You’ll probably wish you’d done that in a year after having the 2000 inverter. 120 charger and automatic relays all confined in one unit

Our batteries and inverter/ Charger along with solar controller located in basement.

https://www.amazon.com/Victron-Multi.../dp/B01AD2MJSK
    I agree 100% on the Victron Multiplus. Very well worth it. I have a 2500RL as well, I did my install a bit differently - I put the solar controller, 280AH LIPO4 batteries, and multiplus in the space behind the TV (that was not being used). It was a PITA to do - but I'm happy with the end result and I feel good about leveraging that wasted space
    2020 imagine 2500rl; 2021 F250 Tremor 7.3
    youtube: @bobanddangsjourney

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcrowe View Post
    I agree 100% on the Victron Multiplus. Very well worth it. I have a 2500RL as well, I did my install a bit differently - I put the solar controller, 280AH LIPO4 batteries, and multiplus in the space behind the TV (that was not being used). It was a PITA to do - but I'm happy with the end result and I feel good about leveraging that wasted space
    Do you have any pictures of the install? If so, I'd love to see them.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post
    Do you have any pictures of the install? If so, I'd love to see them.
    I have been meaning to do a thread about about the install, might be useful for other 2500RL owners. I will put something together soon, I don't want to hijack this thread (any more than I have already).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That changed with the 2021 2500RL when they redesigned the TV area and increased counter space plus an additional window

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the comments. If Money was no object I would be all over the MultiPlus-II 12/3000/120-50 2x120V Inverter/Charger for our 50A trailer, and at least three Batteries. This new Multiplus device is sweet. For now we are not looking for that steep of a price tag. I have access to a Friends 2000 watt Xantrex, and 45 amp charger as he is updating to the to the Victron 3000i since he is connected at home and is tired of blowing his breakers in the house. I would like to see pictures of the install behind the TV on the 2500RL. Hi-Jack away as more pictures of installs will help develop a plan for my install.
    2019 Imagine 2800BH
    2019 Ford Expedition Limited Max with Ruby Red Stealth package.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mhaasser View Post
    Thanks for all the comments. If Money was no object I would be all over the MultiPlus-II 12/3000/120-50 2x120V Inverter/Charger for our 50A trailer, and at least three Batteries. This new Multiplus device is sweet. For now we are not looking for that steep of a price tag. I have access to a Friends 2000 watt Xantrex, and 45 amp charger as he is updating to the to the Victron 3000i since he is connected at home and is tired of blowing his breakers in the house. I would like to see pictures of the install behind the TV on the 2500RL. Hi-Jack away as more pictures of installs will help develop a plan for my install.
    Sounds like you have a good plan that will work well. You can always upgrade at a later date if you feel the need.

I will include a few shots of my install here, though I plan to do a more complete write-up of this (hopefully before I forget a lot of the details!) sometime soon.
    Since I can only attach 5 per post, I will start with the finished shots. As part of this install I also replaced the mount for the TV with one that has a lot more range. I'm very happy with it - it gets the TV much closer to square with the sofa whereas the original was always at an odd angle. I actually did the TV mount before I did the solar - in doing that I realized the entire area behind the TV was completely empty save a few wires.

You can see the multiplus here - I made an access hole for it, it's usually covered with a screen for airflow. Sometimes you can hear it but generally speaking it's pretty quiet most of the time. It doesn't bother me or my wife.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210414_025328160.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	33403

This shows the TV swung out in front of the sofa

Name:	PXL_20210414_025429619.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	33402

You can see that I replaced the paneling behind the tv - had I been smarter I would have carefully pulled out the original panel and re-used it. But it got sacrafically cut when I mounted the TV mount there before doing the solar - so it had a big hole in the middle of it and was scrapped. Getting the replacement panel would not have been expensive, but shipping it to California my dealer wanted like $300. Since its behind the TV most of the time anyhow, I wasn't worried about it and got something that was close enough at a big box store.

Name:	PXL_20210414_025258750.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	33404

From the other side. You can see another access panel (doesn't need airflow so no screen) the battery and some other stuff is behind that. With both open its tight in there but I can get to everything needed. If I have to pull the entire panel it takes maybe an hour or so.

I added additional 120v since I was in there anyhow, and the electrodacus BMS, and more USB connections. I have a little router mounted permanently there and it runs off usb power too. There is also a battery cutt-off and a 120 main breaker.

Name:	PXL_20210414_025246561.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	33405

I will follow with one more reply and a few more pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PXL_20210414_025123318.jpg  

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This shows the basic inside of spot behind the TV. The walls were too thin to support the equipment so I built a plywood frame and attached that in there for more strength:
    Here you see most of the components but they are not yet connected. There is a 280AH battery that i purchased the cells from alibaba and put together myself - The battery barely fit and I don't think I could have got that much power in any other form-factor there.

Name:	IMG_20200809_135204.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	33411

The almost finished front of the system:

Name:	IMG_20200815_141746.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	33412

Finally the solar panels being placed on the roof (sorry - this one is sideways - not sure how to rotate an image here):

Name:	IMG_20200703_104122.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	33410

I put on 4 200 watt rich solar. I have seen 700 watts of real power through this thing (I'm running a Victron MPPT 100/50 so 700 watts is the max it will make).

I was pleased overall with the results - the space behind the TV is very conveniently located right above the power center, so the wires there (DC and AC) were super easy to run). It also has a chase that leads up to the attic through the right rear side of the cavity so the solar wires were pretty easy to fish as well. The battery and inverter were close so short runs of that 4/0 cable.

And this is pretty close to the axles on the unit, so it rides well. At the time I was pulling with an F150 and I was always very close on payload weight, so getting the batteries off the front of the trailer was viewed as a good thing. I now have a F250 so that's not an issue anymore, but I might do it the same way anyhow.

Hopefully this helps someone with ideas. I do plan to do a more proper write-up of this install sometime, but I've been busy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast