User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have my current GD and my prior trailer insured with USAA which really is Progressive insurance. With our previous trailer we had a major breakdown in Texas. Seems the AAA guy did not tighten the lugs after fixing my flat on the trailer and down the road early morning we had a tire and wheel pass us by on the passenger side axle on ground, brakes and backing ground down to the axle. Called progressive, they opened a claim and they found and had a mobile mechanic come to our location on the side of interstate 10. All was fixed but it took a while as the mechanic had to drive 1 1/2 hours back to San Antonino. The offered to have the trailer flat bedded to there repair facilitiy. We stayed where we were. Long story short. We paid for the repair, submitted the bill which they direct deposited into my usaa account. Ans when we got to final destination they had a claims adjuster come and look at the damage done to the actual trailer from the wheel. Sent us a sheet with in 2 weeks with a check to have the trailer fixed and buy a new wheel and tire for the spare. So they were great for us.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    It depends on which state you live in. Insurance companies are regulated by state insurance boards and licensed separately in each state.

Rob
    Ahhh- thank you!!! I knew they were regulated by the state but had no idea since they don’t bother to ask you on the quote initially... thanks for taking the time to answer me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been with USAA for over 50 years. They have insured my tow trailers for that entire time. I have had 1 trailer totaled which they handled to my total satisfaction. I have recently used them twice for road service on my fifth wheel trailers without any problems.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve been with USAA for 35 years. Excellent on auto claims. But with our RV they are handled thru Progressive as a USAA member. I’ve dealt with Progressive on a motorcycle claim and they were wonderful to deal with, but never had an RV claim. Thankful.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’ve been with USAA for 30+ years. We had a small travel trailer completely destroyed by a tree that fell on it while we were in it. Quite an ordeal. We were fine and USAA paid the full replacement value. We used this to upgrade to our Solitude. Very happy with USAA and Grand Design.

Fireside Member Jefferson Beifuss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gesteff View Post
    I had USAA, for a few years, until last week, I got my monthly notice by e-mail, and it had more than doubled in price, from 237.00 a month to 479.00 per month, I called and ask, had to talk to 3 or 4 people, but the bottom line was in their words "we had numerous claims in Texas because of the Ice Storms, and we have to recoup costs" I really thought they were a better company than that but I guess not. So just a heads up beware
    I would imagine a 202% increase in your rates would generate a phone call or two!! Even though insurance companies generate their rates based upon their loss experiences in each state, that seems excessive and "your experience may vary". Hence, it is always good to compare rates when things seem out of whack. Most companies got hammered in TX due to those ice storms, so a lot of companies will need to take increases to stay healthy, but not that healthy.
    Jeff & Jean
    2015 GD Reflection 337RLS, Goodyear Endurance tires, JT Strongarm stabilizers
    2015 Ford F-350 SRW Lariat, w/ Sulastic spring shackles, Rancho shocks, airbag, 80 gal supplemental fuel tank, Curt Q20 hitch, Access rollup cover

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usaa

Quote Originally Posted by GaryS1964 View Post
    I currently have my trailer insured with USAA. When I asked what I thought would be all the right questions the rep gave answers that satisfied me. However I'm wondering if anyone has any real world experience with USAA trailer roadside assistance and/or damage coverage.
    We had USAA for autos, home owners, rv and road service, which we never used, for 15 years. At first premiums were fine. The last few years the premiums would increase. Last 2 years 25 to 30%. Only claim was hail damage to truck and rv. This year we changed insurance and saved $2800 annual. Don't believe their commercials. Went back to Good Sam Roadside assistance.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    30+ year USAA member here.

When I originally called USAA for a quote, I was transferred to progressive and they quoted me. Coverage seemed to have a lot of restrictions that we didn’t have on our previous TT. Hung up. Called USAA back the next day and was told by a different, experienced rep that USAA can definitely insure a TT or FW, but when you say, “RV”, you’re automatically transferred to Progressive. USAA quote was straight forward and competitive. They have insured all our homes, vehicles, boats, etc over the years with the exception of our farm LLC. They tried very hard to connect us with a provider that could handle the special riders associated with the farm, but in the end, couldn’t.

As far as claims, they have offered fantastic service. Haven’t had a claim on an RV or boat. Their roadside assistance on your tow vehicle also covers any towed vehicle. However, I have read a few posts here and elsewhere, that USAA has raised rates or even dropped folks after making a large roadside assistance claim. Because we didn’t want to chance it, we went with Coach-Net for roadside service on the coach only. Even though we have Ford roadside assistance on both the TV and my wife’s vehicle, we added the USAA coverage over and above. I think it added $12 to our 6-mo premium.

We haven’t seen a premium increase.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryS1964 View Post
    I currently have my trailer insured with USAA. When I asked what I thought would be all the right questions the rep gave answers that satisfied me. However I'm wondering if anyone has any real world experience with USAA trailer roadside assistance and/or damage coverage.
    We have had USAA forever. On our last camping trip of the season about 3 years ago, one of the TT tires had a blowout on our way to the park. When the tire blew, it also took off the fender skirt of the TT. Roadside assistance showed up promptly, changed the tire using our spare and we were able to continue to the campsite. Even though the TT looked bad, it was usuable. We spent the week there, then dropped the trailer off at the dealer on the way home. USAA covered the damage, less our deductable, with no issues. Highly recommend them.
    Don, Laura and our Roo

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been with usaa for close to 30 years. Their insurance rates have increased quite a bit over the years for home and auto. I found much better rates elsewhere about 4 years ago and cashed out my subscriber savings account which was worth over 5K. I still bank with them but feel there service has degraded since they opened up to the masses.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast