User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started with USAA/Progressive but Switched to Good Sam/National General for better rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Mwestall View Post
    I have also been with USAA for more than 40 years and they are a great company, but you need to be aware that they do not do RV insurance. They sub that out to Progessive insurance. You get a discount that progressive gives to all USAA members. I am not saying that Progressive is not a good company, I believe it actually shows that progressive is pretty good since USAA is willing to sub contract to them.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a summary of my most recent experience with USAA RV insurance.

As I had posted earlier in this thread, if you call and say you want a quote for "RV Insurance", you will be transferred to Progressive. Based on insuring our last TT, I knew USAA insured TT and FW without going through Progressive. You just have to get to the right customer service rep. I had to call 3 times and finally reached a senior rep that could directly quote on our new 378.

USAA will only write coverage for ACV. There is no agreed value or total loss replacement cost coverage options with USAA as the policy provider. If you want total loss replacement, you can get that through USAA/Progressive. I did receive a quote from Progressive for USAA members. I also had our local independent agent provide a quotes. "Independent Progressive" premium was nearly 30% lower than the USAA/Progressive quote for the exact same coverage.

While I was at it, I had FMCA Insurance provide a quote. Their best rate was for Safeco, but that was still several hundred dollars more than the independent agent/Progressive quote. FMCA Ins also generated a quote for Progressive - it was the exact same amount, to the dollar, as the USAA/Progressive quote, and higher than the Safeco premium.
    Last edited by Fsalmy; 06-17-2021 at 06:18 PM.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boy! That’s really odd. I think I’ll talk to an independent agent & see how much he can beat our Progressive quote.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345