Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wastegate Handle Length

Greetings,

We have a 2020 (maybe 21) 22mle and I noticed the black tank waste handle pulls out about 4 inches and the grey tank handle only opens about 2 ish inches. The grey handle was very hard to pull at first, I lubed it and it's better, but I wonder if it's meant to open further.

Or is this standard? I have access to a scope to look up the pipe, havent actually taken it out yet, but thought I'd ask.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I called GD to check on cabinet doors they are meant to be sending and took the opportunity to ask about the wastegate valve.

I wondered if the exit pipe on the grey tank was smaller than the black tank and initially he said no. Then looked at a little schematic and tirms out yes, the grey tank handle is only meant to open 2 ish inches because the drain pipe is smaller.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to know, I didn't really notice the difference on ours. It's good practice to lube those rods
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I likely wouldn't have realized either if at first the grey tank handle hadn't been so difficult.