User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Questions on the 390RK - thank you in advance!

Hello all! Thank you for the add to the group!

We are experienced RVer’s and looking at the 5th wheels available we fell in love with the 390RK.

We have a few questions hoping you guys may be able to help us with.

As we are shopping, noticing variants in the “same” model within the 2021 models and are puzzled by it. Answers appreciated! We haven’t found a reason we can pin down.

1. Some units have the “upgrade” dark bronze facuets and shower fixtures - is this an option?

2. Is there an app that is standard that controls climate, awnings, lights etc. standard? Shows in the brochure however we haven’t seen this on the 4-5 units we have seen in person. Is it an optional add on?

3. Is TPMS included standard? If so what system is it? Shows it in the brochure but haven’t seen it in person...

4. Some “fully loaded” units only have 2 A/C’s, why? Can you add the 3rd unit? What brand/model ACs is GD using?

5. Has anyone tried running Honda gen vs. the noisy Onan? We have aux fuel in our F450 so fueling it is not an issue.

6. Thoughts on the outside kitchen addition? This is our 2nd/non-primary RV (don’t ask &#128514 so we thought it’d be nice to have the sink/cooking area integrated to the trailer vs. camp table and messy Blackstone, and propane.

7. Outdoor TV options?

8. Ideas or feedback on upgrade to larger living room and bedroom TVs?

9. Lead time on ordering new? Wondering if we should continue looking for a new one that has our wish list included 🙂 or just order it. We’d like to have it end by the of May or sooner.

Shew that is quite a list for my first post, so thank you in advance for your responses!

Thank you!
    Cortni

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's quite an introduction! Welcome to the forum.

I don't have a 390RK - just enviously watched the factory video about them - so I'll cherry-pick easy questions and leave the rest to others with knowledge/experience.

Quote Originally Posted by CortniCrash View Post
    As we are shopping, noticing variants in the “same” model within the 2021 models and are puzzled by it. Answers appreciated! We haven’t found a reason we can pin down.
    Models at GD are evolving things - changes are made throughout the model year rather than having a fixed set of features for a year. Dealers are advised of changes but I'd bet many of them don't keep up well with the changing information. Your best bet is likely to call GD to know what you'll get on a unit ordered on XXXX.

4. Some “fully loaded” units only have 2 A/C’s, why? Can you add the 3rd unit? What brand/model ACs is GD using?
    GD was offering a 3rd AC option for a short while, but then the pandemic hit. Due to supply challenges they withdrew the option. They have been using Coleman ACs in the Solitude and I have not seen any news that they've changed that.

5. Has anyone tried running Honda gen vs. the noisy Onan? We have aux fuel in our F450 so fueling it is not an issue.
    Lots of Honda users/fans here. We opted for this alternative - much less expensive, fairly quiet, and the thing that we like best of all is that it runs on propane as well as gasoline - no fumes.

https://www.championpowerequipment.c...fuel-inverter/

6. Thoughts on the outside kitchen addition? This is our 2nd/non-primary RV (don’t ask &#128514 so we thought it’d be nice to have the sink/cooking area integrated to the trailer vs. camp table and messy Blackstone, and propane.
    The slide-out kitchen option was installed in our off-the-lot trailer when we bought it. We had the dealer remove it for credit, in part because it occupied much of the space in our basement. The 390RK has far more basement space than our trailer, so that wouldn't be an issue. A few people who have them have sung praises, but some have added a different cooking appliance to it.

Good luck with your shopping.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Mark for your response. Do you happen to know if a dealer can install a 3rd AC?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Mark for your response. Do you happen to know if a dealer can install a 3rd AC?
    I do not. I suspect that dealers would be having at LEAST as much trouble with supply as GD is/was having, but I don't know. I do remember one post by someone who had a dealer install a different make of air conditioning unit. It did not go well, but that's just an anecdote.

Tips on using the forum.

When replying to someone or commenting on a post it's always best to use the Reply With Quote link appearing at the bottom right of every message in the forum. That copies the text you're responding to into your response message, improving clarity and continuity for those who come along later, Critically, it also creates an alert for the person you're responding to so they will know of your response and be more likely to return to the thread and read it.

Now, in this and some other cases copying the whole of my windy previous post would be superfluous. You could either use Reply With Quote and then quickly delete extraneous text from the copy pasted into your reply (being careful to preserve the stuff in square brackets at the beginning and end) or you can simply flag the other person by entering their user name preceded by the @ symbol, as in @CortniCrash. That too creates an alert that will bring the other person to your post.

If you plan to participate here you should also create a "signature" that includes at least information about your trailer, if not also your name and other major equipment you use. This helps people understand the context of your experience, questions, and advice. Create the signature by clicking on Settings at the top right of this site, and then selecting Edit Signature from the menu at the left side of the page.

Again, welcome.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    I do not. I suspect that dealers would be having at LEAST as much trouble with supply as GD is/was having, but I don't know. I do remember one post by someone who had a dealer install a different make of air conditioning unit. It did not go well, but that's just an anecdote.

Tips on using the forum.

When replying to someone or commenting on a post it's always best to use the Reply With Quote link appearing at the bottom right of every message in the forum. That copies the text you're responding to into your response message, improving clarity and continuity for those who come along later, Critically, it also creates an alert for the person you're responding to so they will know of your response and be more likely to return to the thread and read it.

Now, in this and some other cases copying the whole of my windy previous post would be superfluous. You could either use Reply With Quote and then quickly delete extraneous text from the copy pasted into your reply (being careful to preserve the stuff in square brackets at the beginning and end) or you can simply flag the other person by entering their user name preceded by the @ symbol, as in @CortniCrash. That too creates an alert that will bring the other person to your post.

If you plan to participate here you should also create a "signature" that includes at least information about your trailer, if not also your name and other major equipment you use. This helps people understand the context of your experience, questions, and advice. Create the signature by clicking on Settings at the top right of this site, and then selecting Edit Signature from the menu at the left side of the page.

Again, welcome.
    Thank you for the tips! It’s been forever since I used a forum format I have gotten lazy using social media lol

Will work on the signature today!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Signature fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post

Tips on using the forum.

Again, welcome.
    2021 F450 - soon to be GD 390RK - 2019 Renegade Classic XL 45’ - 34’ ATC Stacker - 34’ ATC deck over enclosed - 2 Alumicraft sand rails - 1 prerunner - 4 side by sides - 1 Black Lab - an amazing man and a partridge in a pear tree

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=CortniCrash;361564]Hello all! Thank you for the add to the group!

We are experienced RVer’s and looking at the 5th wheels available we fell in love with the 390RK.

We have a few questions hoping you guys may be able to help us with.

1. Some units have the “upgrade” dark bronze facuets and shower fixtures - is this an option?

2. Is there an app that is standard that controls climate, awnings, lights etc. standard? Shows in the brochure however we haven’t seen this on the 4-5 units we have seen in person. Is it an optional add on?

3. Is TPMS included standard? If so what system is it? Shows it in the brochure but haven’t seen it in person...

6. Thoughts on the outside kitchen addition? This is our 2nd/non-primary RV (don’t ask ��) so we thought it’d be nice to have the sink/cooking area integrated to the trailer vs. camp table and messy Blackstone, and propane.

7. Outdoor TV options?

8. Ideas or feedback on upgrade to larger living room and bedroom TVs?

9. Lead time on ordering new? Wondering if we should continue looking for a new one that has our wish list included �� or just order it. We’d like to have it end by the of May or sooner.

Shew that is quite a list for my first post, so thank you in advance for your responses!

Thank you!
    Cortni[/QUOT

We took delivery of ours in October. LOVE IT.
    1.The dark bronze fixtures started being featured in the Mid 21 models...(we have em)
    2. The One Touch, which controls awnings, lights, leveling and slides, Not the AC was standard in ours.
    3.TPMS was not and option.
    4. We have 2 ac's. One is a heat pump. They are Dometic....I believe. The 3rd was an option..then not an option. But 2 work just fine.
    5. We have the GEN Prep, but no GEN. We opted for aftermarket solar. But have a 2000 watt honda for backup...not to run the AC
    6. Outdoor kitchen, IMHO, takes up valuable storage space in the front compartment Which leads me to #7 .
    7. We installed a 50" tv swinging off the front storage wall (where the outdoor kitchen would be), and are as happy as a camper.
    8. We simply replaced the 2 TV's with good quality smart TV's pf like size, and put a nice sound bar below the living room TV. The stock TV's are substandard.
    9. No idea on lead times. We bought ours from dealer stock, with exactly what we wanted in it.
    SIDE NOTE: the mid 21 models also have the Insignia stove/range update...and we find that a fantastic addition. Also, 2 medicine cabinets in the bathroom vs the shelves.

Bottom line. We have no regrets, and lots of good times and memories to come....
    2021 GD Solitude 390rk
    2021 Ford F350 Lariat Superduty DRW
    2015 Wildcat max 310rl
    2005 Newmar Dutch Star 39ft