Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 323bhs configuration questons

New member here, not an official owner yet but seriously considering the Reflection 323 BHS. We have a couple of questions regarding how a couple of features/options are configured.

1) In the bunk room, does the sofa fold down flat into a wider sleeping surface (i.e. is it a jack knife sofa)?
    2) With the SuperSofa option, do all four seats recline?

We have viewed various videos and photos, and they display conflicting information or aren't specific enough to contain this information. Thanks for any information you can provide.

Timboslice
    The bunk room couch does fold flat for a queen size ish bed , the 4 seats do recline on the super sofa, we have the dinette and recliner couch

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the bunk room, the leather sofa is a 72" J bed, and it does fold flat.

The SuperSofa is actually a love seat with dual wallhugger recliners. Attached to that unit is a left handed and a right handed matching wallhugger recliner. They recline way back. It's probably the most comfortable seating I've ever seen in any RV.

I've been known to fall asleep watching television in my SuperSofa recliner--and staying there all night.

The down side is that you lose a dining table. SuperSofa comes with a folding 4' table made of the same solid surface material as the countertops. As non-winter campers, we usually eat outside on picnic tables at most meals. We do have a card table and chairs that can be used in bad weather.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Bamaman, those are exactly the answers I am looking for. One more quick question - how is the viewing angle to the TV from the right most positions on the sofa? Any issues seeing over the kitchen island? It's not that we go RVing to sit inside and watch TV, but we do enjoy the occasional evening move as a family of four.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The television is a 39" unit, and I think you can see it from anywhere on the SuperSofa.

We use the RV as a getaway--and we do watch a bunch of TV. Our campground has full cable tv service.

We seldom use the 4th seat, as the grandkids are back in the bunkhouse looking at their 32" television with blue ray player--cartoons. Or, my wife's in the bedroom looking at her 29" flat screen.

FYI: I bought a magnet at the hardware store to figure out how large the metal backing plates were. In the bedroom, all of the area above the window has a steel plate you can tap into for a swing out tv mount. Same with the area in the bunkhouse on the back wall. GD uses large steel sheets screwed over the studs.

My bunkhouse television is the exact size of the hole in the cabinetry, and I just wedge it in. And I remove the tv when we leave. You just have to be sure the bunkhouse tv is flush with the cabinet so it doesn't get crunched by the slider when retracted.

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ljlund66 View Post
    New member here, not an official owner yet but seriously considering the Reflection 323 BHS. We have a couple of questions regarding how a couple of features/options are configured.

1) In the bunk room, does the sofa fold down flat into a wider sleeping surface (i.e. is it a jack knife sofa)?
    2) With the SuperSofa option, do all four seats recline?

We have viewed various videos and photos, and they display conflicting information or aren't specific enough to contain this information. Thanks for any information you can provide.
    Hi @ljlund66,

Please feel free to contact Micah Staley, the GM for our Reflection products, if you have further questions. Micah's cell phone is (574) 361-1299. Thanks, and we hope to welcome you to the Grand Design family!!

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Mailing & shipping address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 13868 CR 4, Bristol IN 46507
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

- Phones: Grand Design RV Corporate at (574) 825-8000 or Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Fax: (574) 825-9249
    - Email: [email protected]

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrandDesignRv
    - Twitter: https://twitter.com/granddesignrv
    - Google+: https://plus.google.com/113479014558069639097
    - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grand-design-rv-llc
    - Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/granddesignrv
    - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHa...PuUd3J3NHNyXVQ

For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name, and phone number.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 323 bhs with the dinette.
    The sofa in the bunk house is a jack knife and Id estimate its size to be just shy of a residential full size. The top bunk on the opposite side is rather large for a bunk.
    The viewing angle for the TV is one of the best I've experienced. From the two recliners I have the view is perfect and from the dinette its acceptable. I think in the super sofa the seat that is closest to the door would not be so good. The seating is extremely comfortable. The standard option with the dinette suited us best as it allows for a place inside to not only eat but to play cards, board games etc. The teens have their own domain in the bunk house when they want to watch TV, thats the entire reason we opted for the bunk house model over the 337 RLS. Keeps them happy and me happy! The other plus with the dinette is it offers another place to sleep as we occasionally have a full house on holidays with guests to the point we are pitching a large 3 room tent on the back of our seasonal site.