New to RV’ing and have been lurking on this site for quite some time (other forum brands too) and figured it was time to chime in. After doing tons of research on which TT would be best for our family the wife and I had finally decided to place an order in July of 2020 and took delivery in October of a 2021 XLS 23BHE. The wife and I spent those weeks researching, preparing, and probably buying stuff we wouldn’t use; however with loads of excitement.

Upon our PDI everything worked was a imagined, no pun intended. Being here in the north east we booked a close site to us (just in case) on the last day of the season. Everything went smooth until it was time to open the slide. The slide would pull out about 4” and stop. Trying to troubleshoot I found that the rubber seals were super sticky and getting stuck on one of the bottom rollers. Some slide seal lube fixed this but now the slide was not opening or closing in sync. After this minor disappointing set back, it went back to the dealer to get looked at to make sure that something else wasn’t missed by me. They re-synced the motors and everything worked flawlessly at the dealer. Winter came and gone and with excitement and we had booked a few trips for the upcoming season.

The TT comes out of winter storage, test everything on a leveled site and all looks good. Again with excitement we head out on our 2nd trip, a 5 hour drive and set up our site as smooth as it can go, IMHO. We had a great time until it was time to pack up. The slide is now stuck in the open position. It’s throws a code for a short in the wire and there I was 3.5 hours late trying to remove the schwintek motors to close the slide. Talk about frustration, disappointment and second guessing the dream of the open road. So now it’s scheduled to be brought back to the dealer next week with a few trips planned ahead hoping that it can be repaired prior to them.

After researching that these RV’s are not perfect and that they all have flaws we proudly accepted the challenge. I was ready to repair a broken hinge, moulding coming loose, flat, etc. but not a slide issue on a new unit.

Are we the only ones that has had an issue like this with a new unit?