User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

23BHE Slide Issue

New to RV’ing and have been lurking on this site for quite some time (other forum brands too) and figured it was time to chime in. After doing tons of research on which TT would be best for our family the wife and I had finally decided to place an order in July of 2020 and took delivery in October of a 2021 XLS 23BHE. The wife and I spent those weeks researching, preparing, and probably buying stuff we wouldn’t use; however with loads of excitement.

Upon our PDI everything worked was a imagined, no pun intended. Being here in the north east we booked a close site to us (just in case) on the last day of the season. Everything went smooth until it was time to open the slide. The slide would pull out about 4” and stop. Trying to troubleshoot I found that the rubber seals were super sticky and getting stuck on one of the bottom rollers. Some slide seal lube fixed this but now the slide was not opening or closing in sync. After this minor disappointing set back, it went back to the dealer to get looked at to make sure that something else wasn’t missed by me. They re-synced the motors and everything worked flawlessly at the dealer. Winter came and gone and with excitement and we had booked a few trips for the upcoming season.

The TT comes out of winter storage, test everything on a leveled site and all looks good. Again with excitement we head out on our 2nd trip, a 5 hour drive and set up our site as smooth as it can go, IMHO. We had a great time until it was time to pack up. The slide is now stuck in the open position. It’s throws a code for a short in the wire and there I was 3.5 hours late trying to remove the schwintek motors to close the slide. Talk about frustration, disappointment and second guessing the dream of the open road. So now it’s scheduled to be brought back to the dealer next week with a few trips planned ahead hoping that it can be repaired prior to them.

After researching that these RV’s are not perfect and that they all have flaws we proudly accepted the challenge. I was ready to repair a broken hinge, moulding coming loose, flat, etc. but not a slide issue on a new unit.

Are we the only ones that has had an issue like this with a new unit?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not at all. I'm in the midst of having the dealer look at my Schwintek Slide. It will open and close now, but makes an awful noise the last foot either way. I have an appointment May 12th to have it looked at. I'll let you know what they find.
    2021 Reflection 28BH
    Pullrite Superlite 2600
    2019 Ford F250 CC SB 6.7L
    2017 Jayco 27bhs (Sold)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, we bought a 2500RL in November. Slide worked fine the first night at the dealer but the first trip when we went to put it out it didn't want to more than a few inches and was crooked. We went home and back to the dealer the next day. A month later we had a totally rebuilt slide because they had over-torqued and broke a bolt in the track during manufacturer and that led to two failures. Good news it all the mechanisms were replaced and installed corretly and now we have 16 nights working perfectly. So yes, it happens.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron_E View Post
    Well, we bought a 2500RL in November. Slide worked fine the first night at the dealer but the first trip when we went to put it out it didn't want to more than a few inches and was crooked. We went home and back to the dealer the next day. A month later we had a totally rebuilt slide because they had over-torqued and broke a bolt in the track during manufacturer and that led to two failures. Good news it all the mechanisms were replaced and installed corretly and now we have 16 nights working perfectly. So yes, it happens.
    Glad that worked out for you.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve been messing around with mine. Trying to re-zero the limits. Works great until I have to move the slide the full way. Now when the slide is out, it’s almost like the top gear on the fridge side skips causing it to reaching fully open before the bottom. Bringing it back in it skips again and looks even. I will say that using the app allows me to run the slides and watch it without needing two people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Reflection 28BH
    Pullrite Superlite 2600
    2017 Jayco 27bhs (Sold)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nisbitch View Post
    I’ve been messing around with mine. Trying to re-zero the limits. Works great until I have to move the slide the full way. Now when the slide is out, it’s almost like the top gear on the fridge side skips causing it to reaching fully open before the bottom. Bringing it back in it skips again and looks even. I will say that using the app allows me to run the slides and watch it without needing two people.

I certainly do like the Bluetooth feature.
    2021 Imagine XLS 23BHE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 22mle. On our first trip this year we had a similar problem. Our controller throws error code 8 for motor 2. We had to manually override the controller to retract the slide. Luckily, we’re under warranty and it goes into General on 4/19 to get fixed.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanpdaugherty View Post
    We have a 22mle. On our first trip this year we had a similar problem. Our controller throws error code 8 for motor 2. We had to manually override the controller to retract the slide. Luckily, we’re under warranty and it goes into General on 4/19 to get fixed.

At least your manual override worked, ours didn’t. Ours is in the shop now waiting to hear the outcome.
    2021 Imagine XLS 23BHE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dropped the trailer off yesterday at the dealer. They tried lubing it, but that didn't help. They are now in the process of ordering a new slide mechanism. It'll be 2-6 weeks for it to come in. Hopefully this will be the right fix and I won't have to have it looked at again.
    2021 Reflection 28BH
    Pullrite Superlite 2600
    2017 Jayco 27bhs (Sold)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast