Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water heater not firing 2021 BH first use

Hello all,
    Maiden voyage today. All is working well on the 2021 24OOBH, until I hit the water heater on. Light is lit ( on ) ( no fault lights) via the control panel but nothing firing up. ( gas). I’m also hooked to electric and tried to heat that way but that does not seem to be working either. I don’t see a marked fuse in the panel. Any thoughts here ?
    Thanks !!
    E
    2021 Imagine 2400BH, 2019 F250 SuperDuty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah we had a similar problem the other day on a 2800bh. I believe we have the same domestic heater as the 2400bh. Disconnect the thermal cut off (it’s a plastic see through wire.). and plug the thermostat (same end that plugged into plastic see through thermal cutoff) directly in to that same port. If the unit lights off of gas your electric probably works as well now. The problem is the thermal cut off diode. Ours just went bad. The replacement is Atwood 93866 thermal cutout switch. 20 bucks and everything works again plus you will get a back up. In the am I can take a picture of the thermal cutoff. But if you look it up on Amazon you will see which part it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, sounds good . I will try that in the AM . Can you elaborate on the thermostat piece ( is that a like/same wire ?) Sounds like you’re saying just go straight ( bypassing the cut off) to see if that worked ( hence the issue correct ?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2743.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	33280
    Disconnect that piece from the wall side and wire side. Plug back in just the wire and see if it lights on gas. If it does that thermal cutoff has gone bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this piece on the the outside of the trailer or somewhere else? We’re having the ‘no hot water’ problem currently. Thanks for any and all help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends on what trailer you have. It's where your hot water tank is. When you locate it, there should be an exterior door (most cases) that will have the tank behind it. Otherwise, a bit more information may be needed to help. Keep in mind, just knowing where this piece is won't help much, you won't really see anything wrong with it. But if you follow the steps within this post after locating it, you can determine whether or not it's the piece or something else.

I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by bmccracken316 View Post
    Is this piece on the the outside of the trailer or somewhere else? We’re having the ‘no hot water’ problem currently. Thanks for any and all help!
    2022 Ram 3500 Mega Cab
    2021 Imagine 2800BH
    ——-
    2020 Ram 2500 Power Wagon (Sold)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It fired right up! Thank god for this forum. Don’t want an angry wife around here 🙏🏼😉

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice! Yes, this forum is a lifesaver! So you can purchase that part on amazon for just under $20. I also contacted GD and they actually sent me one as well. I'd suggest not using the hot water too much as that part is supposed to act like a fuse and die out prior to it causing any issue with the electronics of the hot water heater itself.
    2022 Ram 3500 Mega Cab
    2021 Imagine 2800BH
    ——-
    2020 Ram 2500 Power Wagon (Sold)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same issue with mine last summer. It turned out to be loose connections. I crimped them down a little so they would securely plug in and that fixed it.
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro Double cab

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much . On it in the AM . Let ya know .
    E

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast