Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water heater not firing 2021 BH first use

Hello all,
    Maiden voyage today. All is working well on the 2021 24OOBH, until I hit the water heater on. Light is lit ( on ) ( no fault lights) via the control panel but nothing firing up. ( gas). I’m also hooked to electric and tried to heat that way but that does not seem to be working either. I don’t see a marked fuse in the panel. Any thoughts here ?
    Thanks !!
    E
    2021 Imagine 2400BH, 2019 F250 SuperDuty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah we had a similar problem the other day on a 2800bh. I believe we have the same domestic heater as the 2400bh. Disconnect the thermal cut off (it’s a plastic see through wire.). and plug the thermostat (same end that plugged into plastic see through thermal cutoff) directly in to that same port. If the unit lights off of gas your electric probably works as well now. The problem is the thermal cut off diode. Ours just went bad. The replacement is Atwood 93866 thermal cutout switch. 20 bucks and everything works again plus you will get a back up. In the am I can take a picture of the thermal cutoff. But if you look it up on Amazon you will see which part it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, sounds good . I will try that in the AM . Can you elaborate on the thermostat piece ( is that a like/same wire ?) Sounds like you’re saying just go straight ( bypassing the cut off) to see if that worked ( hence the issue correct ?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2743.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	33280
    Disconnect that piece from the wall side and wire side. Plug back in just the wire and see if it lights on gas. If it does that thermal cutoff has gone bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same issue with mine last summer. It turned out to be loose connections. I crimped them down a little so they would securely plug in and that fixed it.
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro Double cab

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much . On it in the AM . Let ya know .
    E

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to thank you for the great advice . Went out this AM bypassed the cutoff and it fired right up. The guy during the PDI was flipping the switches and I saw a couple DSI faults ( not sure if it happened then or not). MY MISTAKE was to not wait to watch things heat up during inspection. The water heater was not turned on until yesterday when I reached out on the forum ... sooo not sure why this went bad but glad I have a solve . Thanks again off to find a new one to replace now .
    ( glad I camped close to home to try things out !!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic!!!!! Yeah ours was two months old and it went bad. The part is Atwood 93866 thermal cut out. You can get them on Amazon or most rv parts places. The one I found (it was a domestic version 93866) the connectors were a little big so I had to use some needle nose and just crimp them just a little to make snug but it worked. I just replaced the thermal cutout and kept the back up and the other wire as back ups.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got the part . All is working well and agree on the larger connectors. I’m getting out the needle nose in the AM. Like you said they come in a pack of 2 for $20. Per the parts person he stated these go out easily, so again glad I know how to fix it ( thank you ). I would advise others to learn as well. Glad we have this forum !
    Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad I found this thread. Took our new 2800bh out just over a week ago. Last night of our trip, the tank stopped heating. Saw a bit of this information on another thread, but was old and tried it. It worked. Searched for more information because the parts I purchased were a bit different from what came on the unit. So the insight regarding crimping helps. I'll be doing this tomorrow to get her back working in preparation for our next trip this weekend!
    2022 Ram 3500 Mega Cab
    2021 Imagine 2800BH
    ——-
    2020 Ram 2500 Power Wagon (Sold)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast