User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    ALLAIN MOTORSPORTS

furnace will not stay lit

I have a 2015 323bhs and we are traveling through the rocky mountains and its still single digit temperatures at night with snow. My furnace will light but will not stay lit. The fan will continuously run while the furnace is constantly trying to light itself, this goes on for almost 20 min then it will stay lit. This happens every time it turns on. The unit is only several weeks old and now among many other issues, I am having this problem. Any help or common fixes on this would be greatly appreciated so that we do not have to return home early because of this. The dealer is useless and is never any help. Thanks

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have made several posts on this issue as have others. you may want to search the posts and read some of them. It may save you some time.
    Reflection 337
    2012 F-250 26,000 miles
    2015 F-250 46,000 miles

ALLAIN MOTORSPORTS
    Quote Originally Posted by concreteman View Post
    I have made several posts on this issue as have others. you may want to search the posts and read some of them. It may save you some time.
    Thanks, I have found many posts on this topic but nobody ever really says what fixed there's just allot of what it could be. What ended up fixing yours? I have contacted grand design but have not heard from them yet. Seems many have the same problem or had you would think they have a solution or would have taken care of the problem by now.

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLAIN MOTORSPORTS View Post
    Thanks, I have found many posts on this topic but nobody ever really says what fixed there's just allot of what it could be. What ended up fixing yours? I have contacted grand design but have not heard from them yet. Seems many have the same problem or had you would think they have a solution or would have taken care of the problem by now.
    Hi @ALLAIN MOTORSPORTS,

I replied to your private message (PM), and wanted to respond here also... My understanding is that you've talked with JD in our Customer Support so unless I hear differently from you, I will consider this handled/closed.

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Mailing & shipping address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 13868 CR 4, Bristol IN 46507
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

- Phones: Grand Design RV Corporate at (574) 825-8000 or Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Fax: (574) 825-9249
    - Email: [email protected]

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrandDesignRv
    - Twitter: https://twitter.com/granddesignrv
    - Google+: https://plus.google.com/113479014558069639097
    - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grand-design-rv-llc
    - Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/granddesignrv
    - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHa...PuUd3J3NHNyXVQ

For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name, and phone number.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here again no answer is given. It sounds like your problem is just a more advanced case that others are experiencing (myself included). I would love to hear an answer to this issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chilly, I think there have been a few different issues with the furnaces. Ours needed a new part, something about a "valve" maybe? I think a sensor has been the issue with others' furnace problems. And Concreteman posted this: "Well it looks like someone has finally taken time the time to get to the bottom of my furnace problem . Four seasons RV acres in Abilene KS ! This week they removed the furnace from the rig and found that someone had put a piece of clear plastic on top of the furnace. The tech said it looked like the carpet guard stuff that contractors use to protect carpet on job sites. The only thing anyone can figure is that maybe they put on during the build to keep debris out of the furnace. And it didnt get removed. They also discovered that the furnace wasnt even fastened to the floor , which was the culprit of the vibration. they corrected these items and called and said they are 99 percent sure that this will fix the problem. I will pick up saturday and test it the next weekend."

Our furnace now functions perfectly after the repair done by our dealer.
    Happy Kansans .... DeWayne & Benita
    and one crazy little ShihPoo puppy named Olive Ann
    2015 Reflection 337
    2017 Ford F350 Super Duty SRW

ALLAIN MOTORSPORTS
    Quote Originally Posted by chilly-in-vermont View Post
    Here again no answer is given. It sounds like your problem is just a more advanced case that others are experiencing (myself included). I would love to hear an answer to this issue.
    I will let you know what i find. I'm working with jd right now and I'm going to fix it my self. I checked a few things last night he wanted me to check and none of them fixed the issue. He admitted they have a problem and it is with the installation not with the product. I will be contacting him today and let you know what I come up with. It sounds like concrete man went through the same stuff but finally took it in to the dealer and they finally fixed it.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ALLAIN MOTORSPORTS/Happy Kansan
    Mine is at the dealer now while I am out of the country visiting family. The service people at the dealer did say they did duplicate the issue but said it had something to do with the amperage of the shore power. I told them I didn't see how as it runs on 12 volts and I have a second battery in parallel with the original. There does seem to be a lot of problems on this issue so any information I can find gives me more hope that there is an answer if they dig deep enough. I look forward to hearing what solves your problem as I am sure there is a solution somewhere.

ALLAIN MOTORSPORTS
    Quote Originally Posted by chilly-in-vermont View Post
    ALLAIN MOTORSPORTS/Happy Kansan
    Mine is at the dealer now while I am out of the country visiting family. The service people at the dealer did say they did duplicate the issue but said it had something to do with the amperage of the shore power. I told them I didn't see how as it runs on 12 volts and I have a second battery in parallel with the original. There does seem to be a lot of problems on this issue so any information I can find gives me more hope that there is an answer if they dig deep enough. I look forward to hearing what solves your problem as I am sure there is a solution somewhere.
    Yea i think they are really reaching on that one as far as the power goes. Bottom line is that most dealers are worthless and do not have a clue. So i have an update on mine, i spike with jd today and told him that i had checked the exhaust as far as being lose and to seal up where the 2 pipes meet i told him this did not fix the problem. He now has no clue what to do. Unbelievable to say the least. I am now working with atwood and when i told him that the furnace was in grand design he laughed and said no big surprise I'm having problems. He told me they are very careless when installing the furnaces, he is fairly certain that when the put the gas valves on the are not getting the valve straight when tightening the gas lines. So i will check and let you guys know. Pretty sad my unit is less than a month old and can't use it and many others have the same problems and no one seems to know what to do.

Steve and Lynne
    It concerns me when a vendor badmouths a company that is indirectly paying the technical assistant's person salary! It seems it would be better for Jerry or Mark to be alerting Grand Design as to proper installation procedures! I am not doubting this is now it went though. It seems it would be smart for Atwood to offer to come to the assembly line and do some training!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast