Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

washer/dryer ventless in a 320G

Hello Momentum owners,

I am looking for input from 320G floorplan owners as to experience/recommendations for installing a combo unit in the garage. Called GD and they're not really guiding me on options for venting so thinking ventless. Only need to do basics (undies and towels) when we're out on a multiweek trip, mostly when the kids do come with us. The unit selection process has me down to 2.3CF model from either LG or Splendid. GD customer service did validate the drain goes to my rear black tank. Certainly not ideal but doable. What they could not tell me is how to deal with the fact the furnace vent for the garage is on the same wall as the utility hookup near the floor. With the reduced insulation values of the garage floor, the room is already hard to keep comfortable for spring and fall trips when we have guests back there. Seems the location of the washer/dryer was an afterthought in design of the floorplan, plumbing and HVAC to say the least.

Anyone with a 320G have some insights on their experiences? Again, we're leaning towards ventless since I don't really want to DIY cuts into an exterior wall, but I'd feel more comfortable if a few folks had done it and could give me direction on what/how they did it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are about to pull the trigger on a 320g that comes with the ventless combo from the previous owner. We are interested in hearing what you’ve found worked in the end

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ended up with a GE ductless all in-one-combo and we’re content with the performance. I too didn’t want to carve up the garage for a dryer vent. Frankly, we had read many neutral to negative reviews of the all in one ductless, so we bought a unit through Costco in case we were less than pleased given their return policy. Fair to say our expectations were either low or this newer unit simply operates better. Nevertheless, we’ve been happy thus far. You do need to make sure the footing is securely on fours else it will vibrate like you wouldn’t believe. Also, the hose drain dumps into the meager rear bath combined grey and black tank, so that has to be open all the time. The ventless dryer runs and drains fresh water the whole time. As far as sending the drain to that rear tank, real head-scratcher why they did that. Its something like 17 gallons and if you are using the washer on a trip, that means your rear toilet is always open to the campsite drain which Ive read causes issue if you have solid waste in the tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MooManChu; 02-02-2022 at 01:50 PM.
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for this first hand review! Good to know with conservative expectations we should be pleased. Will definitely have to watch that tanks use. A quick search appears that the LG model in this unit uses 12-15 gallons/wash putting that tanks mighty close to completely full with a single wash🤦🏻**♂️.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2peeps1pup View Post
    Thank you for this first hand review! Good to know with conservative expectations we should be pleased. Will definitely have to watch that tanks use. A quick search appears that the LG model in this unit uses 12-15 gallons/wash putting that tanks mighty close to completely full with a single wash[emoji1750]**[emoji3603].
    Same with the GE. You have to remember to open the valve on the rear black tank as soon as you set up camp. When just the two of us, we don’t use the rear bath so we usually leave it closed. Best to just leave it open from the get go. Also, the rear sink also drains into that same black tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just purchased a 398M off the lot and it has the rear bath, toilet - sink along with the washer and kitchen sink all drain into the rear black tank. At this point we are really thinking of removing the rear bath.