User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    I guess that’s why the wanted to charge me $2K for a PDI.
    Please elaborate?
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OurNewEra View Post
    They may be more likely to send back a lemon instead of trying to 'fix' too many things.
    The only way out of a lemon is to walk away not complete the deal. I believe the dealer pays for that trailer up front.

General trailer did not have a pdi charge when we bought ours
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    The only way out of a lemon is to walk away not complete the deal. I believe the dealer pays for that trailer up front.

General trailer did not have a pdi charge when we bought ours
    Does General Trailer sell Grand Design ?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fmartinmn View Post
    Please elaborate?
    The deal they offered me was a joke.

Decent price ++++ $5K in junk fees.

I purchased elsewhere for a price I am happy with.

These are the same people the wanted to charge $5K over the show price for another unit between the Tampa and Jacksonville show.

It's all good. Just do your research.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwriley View Post
    Does General Trailer sell Grand Design ?
    Yes they sell GD
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Decent price ++++ $5K in junk fees.
    Our exact same experience with their VA dealership. A competitive, although not the best, 28% off MSRP then added back $5K in fees + $1495 freight/delivery. That would have to be an incredible PDI to make up the $6500+ difference on the unit we ordered.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    This is interesting... I wonder how much it will affect the end cost of a new unit? Don't get me wrong, I think this is a GREAT idea!

https://rvbusiness.com/general-rv-center-opens-inspection-facility-in-bristol-ind/
    I don't believe this concept is a new one. I know that our Canadian dealer, and have been told other dealers too, have for years used various third-party facilities in the area of the GD factory to do PDI on GD trailers before they leave the area to start their long journeys to dealer lots.

This PDI step obviously catches issues and saves dealers money else the dealers would not be paying for it, but our experience says that a WHOLE lot gets missed there too. Our trailer, supposedly inspected at the factory, at a third-party site near the factory, and at the dealer after it arrived, had over 50 warranty issues, many of them REALLY obvious in the first couple of days of using the trailer.

So General RV setting up their own dedicated PDI facility is probably new in that it's dedicated to them... smaller dealers couldn't afford that. Hopefully it will do a better job than the third-party inspection sites employed by some of the smaller dealers.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our new 2800bh, we caught most of the issues at time of purchase and on our first shakedown trip. What we found tells me that someone blew the pdi off at the factory and at the dealer which makes Gd marketing regarding pdi accomplishment total bull in our case. Getting all the parts ordered and sent in a timely manner has been a bit of a challenge with Gd. Some items showed up fast, others were missing from orders and other items the dealer says that Gd was difficult with approving them. Next time we purchase an rv product, we will be shopping a lot more brands and options vs going for a Gd product because of their reputation. Disappointed is putting it nicely with our Gd ownership experience so far (2 out of three months it has sat at the dealer to address all the issues we found which are close to fifty)
    2022 Ram 2500 Laramie - Cummins
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JetTech View Post
    On our new 2800bh, we caught most of the issues at time of purchase and on our first shakedown trip. What we found tells me that someone blew the pdi off at the factory and at the dealer which makes Gd marketing regarding pdi accomplishment total bull in our case. Getting all the parts ordered and sent in a timely manner has been a bit of a challenge with Gd. Some items showed up fast, others were missing from orders and other items the dealer says that Gd was difficult with approving them. Next time we purchase an rv product, we will be shopping a lot more brands and options vs going for a Gd product because of their reputation. Disappointed is putting it nicely with our Gd ownership experience so far (2 out of three months it has sat at the dealer to address all the issues we found which are close to fifty)
    I like the option a few larger dealers provide of spending first night or two on site to really check all systems. That seems like a better way than a PDI and then driving off the lot. The incentive is still there to get things fixed as part of the sale and not under warranty. At least that is my impression. Could be wrong. Trying to work out a local shakedown stay near our selling dealer (4 hr away) when our unit is delivered at the end of May. Or considering hiring out for an independent inspection.

On our 312, we did an extensive PDI, or so we thought. Even had my spreadsheet checklist. But in the moment and excitement of delivery, things get missed. The list of warranty issues started off around 4 or 5, and then escalated to close to 50 items over the next several months. Our coach was at the dealer for so long, GD extended our warranty 6 mo. I had to ask for that though; it wasn’t offered.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12