User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BOOM - Order Placed!!! Now What Hitch?

I just bought ram 3500 and reflection 337RLS. Bought and installed Reese M5. Very easy hitching and un hitching. It resets itself after un hitching so all you need to do to hitch is back into it. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9258.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	33357

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KDRunner View Post
    I just bought ram 3500 and reflection 337RLS. Bought and installed Reese M5. Very easy hitching and un hitching. It resets itself after un hitching so all you need to do to hitch is back into it. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9258.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	33357

Do you have the short bed or long bed?
    2022 Reflection 340 RDS (On Order) - Damaged and Cancelled, replaced with 2021 Northpoint 377 RLBH
    2021 Ram 3500 Cummins HO 6’4” bed / Pullrite Superglide 2315
    2017 Bass Cat Puma FTD / 250 Mercury Optimax ProXS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    B & W Turnover Ball with Companion (One of my brothers has a three year old slider for sale). My B & W (20K) Companion makes absolutely -0- noise! When the two-piece Companion is removed there is nothing in the bed of the truck except a 3 inch hole in the middle that is easily covered. I love the locking mechanism. You won't be sorry!
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well said

Quote Originally Posted by bdelcurto View Post
    Congrats! We have the 340 as well and are really happy with it.

I am a fan of the Andersen Ultimate Fifth Wheel hitch. I’ve been using it for a few years and I like it. I have a short bed, so it does limit my ability to something short of a 90 degree turn, but I don’t mind that.

I had the B&W slider prior to the Andersen and it was a stout, well-built hitch, but very heavy and unpleasant to remove and reinstall when I needed my truck bed.

If I were doing it all over, I would seriously consider the goosebox, but since I already have the Andersen and it works well, I’ll probably stick with it until something necessitates a change. The big advantage to the goosebox in my mind is the elimination of the hitch in the bed and all that comes with it. If you have a short bed, you will very likely experience some turning radius limitations, but the trade off in not having to deal with a hitch in the bed would be worth it for me. I’m sure others may disagree.

I think you’ll find individual hitch preferences are like anything else, that is, everyone has an opinion and it very often just comes down to what your needs and wants are.

Good luck to you. You’re going to love the 340!

And I agree that if you use your truck for anything but towing a heavy hitch is tough

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not very common, but the Blue Ox Super Ride BXR7200 with a Demco Factory Prep Bracket 6099 is a really good fifth wheel hitch. Reese also make an adapter plate that is a little thinner. With the the built in sumo springs it's supper smooth and quite going down the road. Each part is less than 70 pounds so I can install and remove the entire system in about 15 minutes.
    Kevin and Jennifer
    2016 RAM 3500 Laramie Mega Cab CTD Aisin 4x4 SRW
    2019 Reflection 28BH (Built 2/2019)
    - 78" Theater Seat, Second AC, Dual Pane Windows
    - Sailun 235/85 R16 Tires
    Blue Ox Super Ride BXR7200 with a Demco Factory Prep Bracket 6099

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I highly recommend the Reese GooseBox !!! It rides so smooth that my wife and I often remark: "It feels like the camper is not behind us".
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Left The Driveway Retired Navy Chief's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am going with the gooseBox. 3 back surgery’s dictates my lifting and a hitch in the middle of the bed might as well be welded in, I could never move it. And added bonus to the gooseBox is it is easy to just lift the ball out and you now have your full bed back. Can’t speak for the short bed as I have a F350 long bed.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retired Navy Chief View Post
    I am going with the gooseBox. 3 back surgery’s dictates my lifting and a hitch in the middle of the bed might as well be welded in, I could never move it. And added bonus to the gooseBox is it is easy to just lift the ball out and you now have your full bed back. Can’t speak for the short bed as I have a F350 long bed.
    Yep - If I had a long bed it would be a no brainer to go with the goose box.

I think I am going with the B&W Companion Slider
    2022 Reflection 340 RDS (On Order) - Damaged and Cancelled, replaced with 2021 Northpoint 377 RLBH
    2021 Ram 3500 Cummins HO 6’4” bed / Pullrite Superglide 2315
    2017 Bass Cat Puma FTD / 250 Mercury Optimax ProXS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Companion hitch is doing a good job for us with our 2021 337RLS. Non-slider short bed Only issue was the hitch weight. Fixed that issue with a $110 lift off amazon mounted t the garage rafters. Works slick for easy removal and install. Turnover ball is excellent if you use your bed as I do.

Duthman2
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    Do you have the short bed or long bed?
    Long bed

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123