User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I have a 2018 303 with a Coleman AC. its the full size on. Does anybody know what model GD uses?
    Last edited by avidcamper; 04-18-2021 at 05:47 PM.
    2018 303RLS dual AC , table with chairs and 3 awning covers.. pulled by a 2021 GMC 3500 AT4, Andersen hitch with Factory turnover ball

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reduce Inside AC Noise

Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    I did something similar - blocking off the "dump" section and installing some foam to direct the air into the roof ducting more directly. I also reoriented my ceiling cover 90 degrees so more air flowed directly up and into the intake plenum.

I do think I increased the air flow. So much so that I keep one of my rear-most duct closed off. I think reorienting the cover had a lot to so with airflow as the intake vents are now larger.
    I always wondered about that and I almost did this a few times, but always talked myself out of it. Glad to see you did this and noticed some airflow gains. Not sure why the manufacturer would orient the openings 90 deg out of sync with the plenum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redapple63 View Post
    I always wondered about that and I almost did this a few times, but always talked myself out of it. Glad to see you did this and noticed some airflow gains. Not sure why the manufacturer would orient the openings 90 deg out of sync with the plenum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As best as I can recall, to rotate the cover would require removing the baffle that redirects the airflow downward and then closing off the exhaust area as explained in the video. Otherwise the whole airflow operation gets kind of messed up.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We installed the Wacko RV Silencer on our Dometic AC last spring. It was an easy installation, all of the needed parts were included and it appears to be a quality product. There was a significant noise reduction with the RV Silencer. With one summer under our belt, we have not experienced any negative consequences in the AC performance. There is no option any longer to open the vent on the AC unit for rapid cool down but we don't view that as a negative. Would purchase again.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought the one on line for $199. Well worth the money! Took maybe 10 minutes to install and it's much quieter. I did a second one for the bedroom and we can sleep with the AC now if we need it.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Dometic Brisk-Airs are loud-period. The Wacko product does work and help, and the owner is a good and helpful guy. However, realize it is half the price of an air conditioner! If our prior camper didn't have a circumstance where the Brisk-Air was being replaced under warranty every other season, I'd have installed a Coleman Quiet Series Mach, but the Wacko silencer worked insofar as bringing it down 6-8 dB.
    Sure would like to know about this store that sells RV air conditioners for $400.
    John & Nadine Bagby
    2016 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chevy 2500HD CCLB Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    zoombro, where did you purchase the kit?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnrb View Post
    Sure would like to know about this store that sells RV air conditioners for $400.
    Lol! Before the last year, that was a very common price with ceiling kit.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Wacko product and it does help, but there is another product coming out this summer from RV Airflow systems that is supposed to be better than Wacko, call them

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by New Tamper View Post
    I have the Wacko product and it does help, but there is another product coming out this summer from RV Airflow systems that is supposed to be better than Wacko, call them
    oorrr..... maybe you can let us know what they are up to? It might be better than tons of phone calls to RV Airflow.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast