User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Low water pressure on the hot side

I have a 2020 Momentum 395. I have noticed when camping the water pressure on the hot side is low. Is this science or a problem. Flip it to cold and it increases about 25%
    Any Ideas?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screamineagle View Post
    I have a 2020 Momentum 395. I have noticed when camping the water pressure on the hot side is low. Is this science or a problem. Flip it to cold and it increases about 25%
    Any Ideas?
    Check your water heater bypass valves. The inlet and/or outlet valves could be throttled or have some blockage.

2020 2600RB,
    2017 Silverado Crew Cab 1500, 6.2L

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While checking the valves at the by-pass and the one on the pump, close them and reopen them to be sure they are fully opened. Also check to see if you have any kinks in the lines along the way.
    Do you get the same issues at all the faucets? Kitchen, Bathroom, Shower, Outdoor shower? Is your water pump on?
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.7 Diesel, HD Tow Package
    B&W Companion Slider RVK3405
    Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoJoSo View Post
    While checking the valves at the by-pass and the one on the pump, close them and reopen them to be sure they are fully opened. Also check to see if you have any kinks in the lines along the way.
    Do you get the same issues at all the faucets? Kitchen, Bathroom, Shower, Outdoor shower? Is your water pump on?
    Same issue on all the faucets.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same issue on all the faucets.
    OK, try this. Turn on the bypass valve for the hot water tank. In the Nautilus panel I'm assuming you have, that's usually the red lever. Release water pressure from the trailer, move the red lever gently back and forth a few times and then leave it in the Winterize position, which stops the flow of water into the hot water tank. Restore water pressure to the trailer.

Now try your faucets. If you find that both hot and cold have similar pressure then the problem is likely the "check valve" on the top back of the water heater, a very common problem given the cheap plastic valves used by GD. The valves are generally easy to find at RV parts stores or online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMqm_dPme8k

The only other likely problem - and it's far less common - is an issue with the red-handled bypass valve itself. That's a messier problem including having to order the part from the Nautilus panel manufacturer. That's these guys:

http://www.bandbmolders.com/

Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=boyscout;362020]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMqm_dPme8k

Informative video, good find!
    Knowing that these valves do go bad often, I'll be putting two of those valves in my "Plumbing Box".
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.7 Diesel, HD Tow Package
    B&W Companion Slider RVK3405
    Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any Ideas?
    Does the pressure increase as the water warms up at the faucet? I have noticed the pressure difference on mine, but as the water gets hot it equalizes to the cold side. Temp/pressure have a linear relationship, and while you have 45psi in the WH, the cooled water at the end of the line will be lower pressure until it gets hot. Opposite happens to a garden hose on a hot sunny day