User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Connecting TCL TV to Jensen sound system

Finally figured out how to scan local antenna tv stations and cable (rv park) but can't figure out how to play my tv sound through the Jensen sound system. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Mac View Post
    Finally figured out how to scan local antenna tv stations and cable (rv park) but can't figure out how to play my tv sound through the Jensen sound system. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    I have a '20 2500RL, so not sure its the same as yours. The TV outputs are not connected to the Jensen - you can play a DVD in the Jenson and it will show video on the tv and audio will be on the stereo (and tv). I think you might be able to connect the outputs from the TV to the Jensen - I haven't checked if it has aux inputs, but for my use it didn't seem worthwhile.

Good luck
    2020 imagine 2500rl; 2021 F250 Tremor 7.3
    youtube: @bobanddangsjourney

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As suggested, you can connect the analog audio out (with an adapter) from the TV to the auxiliary input on the Jensen unit. Check your Jensen manual to make sure it has the inputs before you get an adapter and cord, but ours has it. You'll then need to select the auxiliary input when watching TV and DVD when playing DVDs.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ Yes, and mine came with an adapter in the units info bag of stuff...
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, weird tale. I hooked my aux out on the TCL to the aux in on the Jensen... Nothing. I plug headphones into the TCL and hear the tv on headphones. Plugged my iPhone into the Jensen and I can hear the music play. But hearing the TV on the head unit, nope. Super odd.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My TCL has 2 small holes that headphone jacks will fit, the headphone jack and auxiliary jack. Only one is an output, the headphone jack.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dbphillips View Post
    Yeah, weird tale. I hooked my aux out on the TCL to the aux in on the Jensen... Nothing. I plug headphones into the TCL and hear the tv on headphones. Plugged my iPhone into the Jensen and I can hear the music play. But hearing the TV on the head unit, nope. Super odd.
    The Jenson has TWO Auxiliary Inputs. One on the back of the unit and one on the front as a 3.5mm jack. So be sure your head unit is set to the correct Aux input.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, was out in the trailer preparing for a trip and on a lark connected the TV to the front input on the Jenson and cranked up the volume. Got sound. I may regret this, but took it to 100 and that got the output in the typical range of the Jensen, meaning the Jenson has similar sound levels whether on radio, BT, or AUX. The sound quality is terrible, but the feature set is not bad. Probably need to do line out to a real amp and install some real speakers.

I also noticed they didn't put a cable hole for a bluray player or gaming console to be able to route up to the TV. Annoying.
    2021 Imagine 2600RB + 2022 Duramax Tahoe RST (previous 2017 MBZ GLS450 burnt to the ground, resulting in destroyed garage and house contents a total loss due to smoke damage)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was able to hook my tv to the jensen but it was a bit of a pain and used mirror and phone/camera to find where to plug things in.
    Imagine 2020 2670MK,
    2021 RAM 2500

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dbphillips View Post
    So, was out in the trailer preparing for a trip and on a lark connected the TV to the front input on the Jenson and cranked up the volume. Got sound. I may regret this, but took it to 100 and that got the output in the typical range of the Jensen, meaning the Jenson has similar sound levels whether on radio, BT, or AUX. The sound quality is terrible, but the feature set is not bad. Probably need to do line out to a real amp and install some real speakers.

I also noticed they didn't put a cable hole for a bluray player or gaming console to be able to route up to the TV. Annoying.
    Begin with better speakers, which is just about any...lol
    I replaced the the inside 5 inchers with 8" coax speakers and the difference was real.
    Assuming the Jensen will die soon enough, I plan to replace with a nice Kenwood head unit...
    Dan and Rita

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast