User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by openrangeowners View Post
    We love our 2930! Added solar, inverter and 4 LiFePO4 batteries. Also put a sliding tray for our portable generator in the front compartment (we did get gen prep but with solar and inverter we only need our 2000 watt Yamaha generator to run the AC. Actually the inverter/batteries will run it for about 3 hours ...

We used command strip hooks for our hand towels next to the sink. They make ones that match the black plumbing fixtures. We added a towel rack and toilet paper holder (I'll take some photos to show). I actually copied from others on the Facebook group for 2930.

The only issue was the gas line can pinch where it comes up the kitchen slideout. I noticed my fridge was starved of propane when the slide was closed. I rerouted the line and used some protective plastic wire loom and some zip ties to position it where it was not kinking when closing - easy fix and known issue with this model. Otherwise it is very solid and trouble free so far.
    Thanks,

Did you write that there is a Facebook page for 2930 owners? Or are you referring to the grand design solitude Facebook page?

And please post those pictures of the towel bar.
    Jesse & Anita
    2021 Solitude S-Class 2930RL-R
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 long bed SRW, Duramax Diesel. B&W Companion hitch on B&W turnover goose ball

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a 2930 Facebook page.
    2019 F250 Lariat
    2020 Solitude S 2930RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 2930 is a great design. We like ours. An odd quirk with ours is there is no catch for the vertical sliding windows. Tough to keep them up to allow ventilation. We bought a towel rack that sits on the floor and leans on the wall shared by the bedroom. We move it to the top of the bed when traveling. Because of the sliding doors, your options are limited.
    2020 Solitude S 2930rl
    2017 GMC Denali HD 3500 6.5' Bed
    B&W turnover ball
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased our 2930RL about 4 months ago and we are are on a short shake down trip to see if there are any problems. We also love it. Very comfortable. We like the smaller size. Much easier to get this 34' foot in my driveway, I had a 39 ft before and it was a pain. We did have a problem going down today, my dash displayed "Trailer wiring Fault". then it started acting up. I went to pull over to check the trailer cord connection and the brakes started bucking really hard. Not sure what is going on. If anybody has any ideas please let me know.
    Jim Bonhote, 2021 2930RL, 2015 Ford F350 Platinum.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "The only issue we found after an hour of inspecting it is that GD forgot to put the door catches that hold the cabinet doors shut on 5 of the cabinets. Seems like the installer in the factory just missed doing those 5 cabinet doors. Otherwise, everything looked and worked fine."

See this thread that I started last week - http://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/showt...abinet-Latches

Apparently this is the way GD does it - my best guess is because those doors are smaller, the latches may not align well. I plan on picking up magnetic latches at Home Depot and installing them.

But we love our 2930RL also, we think it is a great floor plan. I'm 6'3", so the extra room in the bathroom is appreciated, and yes, the overall storage is fantastic. We're working to fill the pantry, but haven't been able to yet, and we still have empty cabinets above the couch!
    Ron & Julie
    2021 Solitude 2930RL
    2020 Ram 3500 HO Turbo Diesel CC Shortbed
    Pullrite Superglide

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by openrangeowners View Post
    We love our 2930! Added solar, inverter and 4 LiFePO4 batteries. Also put a sliding tray for our portable generator in the front compartment (we did get gen prep but with solar and inverter we only need our 2000 watt Yamaha generator to run the AC. Actually the inverter/batteries will run it for about 3 hours ...
    Did you do the install yourself? I'm looking at LiFePO4 batteries, inverter/charger, and a DC-DC charger. The batteries are on order, should be here late next month. I assume your batteries and inverter went in forward bay?
    Ron & Julie
    2021 Solitude 2930RL
    2020 Ram 3500 HO Turbo Diesel CC Shortbed
    Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did the install myself.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8C640162-CEB4-4A02-B984-E201E9BE043A.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	33635

Name:	6835E56C-005A-4169-AADB-819340C14DC9.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	33636

Name:	9B975206-372E-4106-893A-6DCEB87BB6A2.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	33637

Name:	C6EC0F78-BC60-432D-A75C-96D1D6758A59.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	33638
    Last edited by openrangeowners; 04-25-2021 at 04:54 AM.
    2021 - Grand Design Solitude S-2930RL
    2020 - Ford F-350 SRW 4x4 6.7L CCLB

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Towel Bars in our 2020 Solitude 2930rl

Quote Originally Posted by Cenerus View Post
    Hi all,

7. The bathroom is probably one of the nicest we have seen in a 5th wheel. It is really spacious and has great storage space. But one strange omission is that there are no towel bars or a hand towel loop. We want to figure out where to mount a couple. If anyone has done this, it would be great to see how they approached this.
    The bathroom and bedroom layout were big reasons we liked the 2930 over the 310 model.

We added two 24" brushed nickel towel bars with screws. Just make sure you buy also purchase shorter screws than the ones included with the bars, so you don't go into the pocket door. Worked fine and they are solid. Purchased from Amazon.

I used brushed nickel command hooks for hand towels, one to each side of the medicine cabinet wall. Also added a third one near the shower to hang a bath towel within easy reach. We bought a tiny garbage can at Walmart for the corner near the hallway entrance to the bathroom and put a similar brushed nickel toilet paper holder above it, also using small screws as noted above.

Cindy
    2020 F-450 Lariat, CrewCab 8' bed, diesel
    2020 Solitude S-series 2930rl-R

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had same issue with out 2930. Added a towel bar opposite the shower. Works great for us.

Name:	image3311.jpeg 
Views:	51 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	33820
    Bob & Jean
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL
    2018 GMC 3500 Duramax/Allison,
    Double cab, long bed, 46 gal Aux. tank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chenardr View Post
    We had same issue with out 2930. Added a towel bar opposite the shower. Works great for us.

Name:	image3311.jpeg 
Views:	51 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	33820
    That looks great. What length screws did you use? Did you put any wood backer behind the towel bar for more strength from the wall?
    Jesse & Anita
    2021 Solitude S-Class 2930RL-R
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 long bed SRW, Duramax Diesel. B&W Companion hitch on B&W turnover goose ball

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast