User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, or maybe I should just keep looking at the 310GK because we went through that once before but didn't like it.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Okay, or maybe I should just keep looking at the 310GK because we went through that once before but didn't like it.
    The 310GK is a great trailer as well. We almost bought one, but we found the 2930RL to be a better layout for us.

Here is my personal comparison of the two.

310 positives
    1. Bigger closet than the 2930
    2. Washer and dryer hookup. 2930 has just a hookup for a single combo unit.
    3. Better stove & oven in the 310
    4. Frameless windows if you like those. We don’t so it’s a negative for us.
    5. 6 point hydraulic leveling. The 2930 has 4 point electric leveling.
    6. Televator for the TV.
    7. Moryde rubber pin box standard. We got one installed on our 2930 and it’s worth every penny.
    8. Power electric cable reel.
    9. Larger basement than the 2930.
    10. Fancy shower head in the bathroom. However some units don’t have them. It seems to be something GD is having trouble sourcing.
    11. Folding seat in the shower.
    12. Space in a kitchen cabinet for a dishwasher. But you’ll lose a big cabinet if you add one.

2930RL positives
    1. Larger bathroom with more storage than the 310.
    2. Huge side tables in the bedroom with power and usb at both.
    3. Large bedside cabinets for people who use cpap machines. 310 just has little shelves that don’t hold much and don’t have power or usb at the shelf.
    4. More cupboard storage than a 310 in the kitchen area.
    5. Massive pantry. The biggest we’ve ever seen in a 5th wheel to date.
    6. A real coat closet at the front door. This was a huge selling point for us as virtually no other 5th wheel has one and we were always left hanging coats on the chairs.
    7. There is space to mount a sound bar under the TV that is absent on the 310. In fact doing anything with the TV on a 310 is a big project because of the televator.
    8. Framed windows. These provide better ventilation than frameless windows.
    9. A skylight in the kitchen that lets in natural light.

They’re both great 5th wheels. For us the bathroom, bedroom and coat closet were the difference makers. I do wish the 2930RL came with 6 point leveling. GD cheaper out with only 4 point. I also wish we could get the stove the 310 comes with. The basement on the 2930RL is small, but it is larger than the basement in our 303RLS we had before it. So everything fit fine with room to spare. Other than that the 2930RL won hands down for us.
    Jesse & Anita
    2021 Solitude S-Class 2930RL-R
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 long bed SRW, Duramax Diesel. B&W Companion hitch on B&W turnover goose ball

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 2930RL does accommodate a separate washer and dryer. The washer fits under the coffee bar area and the dryer goes in the pantry closet.

As for the landing gear, we use the Anderson buckets when possible and there is absolutely no shake or flex in the floor when using those with the 4 point landing hear. Also, the system is very reliable and much simpler than hydraulic. The Hydraulic is much faster and can handle more weight. 6 point does provide more stability overall, but when using the buckets the 4 point on the 2930RL is very good.
    Last edited by openrangeowners; 06-16-2021 at 06:45 AM.
    2021 - Grand Design Solitude S-2930RL
    2020 - Ford F-350 SRW 4x4 6.7L CCLB

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenerus View Post
    The 310GK is a great trailer as well. We almost bought one, but we found the 2930RL to be a better layout for us.

Here is my personal comparison of the two.

310 positives
    1. Bigger closet than the 2930
    2. Washer and dryer hookup. 2930 has just a hookup for a single combo unit.
    3. Better stove & oven in the 310
    4. Frameless windows if you like those. We don’t so it’s a negative for us.
    5. 6 point hydraulic leveling. The 2930 has 4 point electric leveling.
    6. Televator for the TV.
    7. Moryde rubber pin box standard. We got one installed on our 2930 and it’s worth every penny.
    8. Power electric cable reel.
    9. Larger basement than the 2930.
    10. Fancy shower head in the bathroom. However some units don’t have them. It seems to be something GD is having trouble sourcing.
    11. Folding seat in the shower.
    12. Space in a kitchen cabinet for a dishwasher. But you’ll lose a big cabinet if you add one.

2930RL positives
    1. Larger bathroom with more storage than the 310.
    2. Huge side tables in the bedroom with power and usb at both.
    3. Large bedside cabinets for people who use cpap machines. 310 just has little shelves that don’t hold much and don’t have power or usb at the shelf.
    4. More cupboard storage than a 310 in the kitchen area.
    5. Massive pantry. The biggest we’ve ever seen in a 5th wheel to date.
    6. A real coat closet at the front door. This was a huge selling point for us as virtually no other 5th wheel has one and we were always left hanging coats on the chairs.
    7. There is space to mount a sound bar under the TV that is absent on the 310. In fact doing anything with the TV on a 310 is a big project because of the televator.
    8. Framed windows. These provide better ventilation than frameless windows.
    9. A skylight in the kitchen that lets in natural light.

They’re both great 5th wheels. For us the bathroom, bedroom and coat closet were the difference makers. I do wish the 2930RL came with 6 point leveling. GD cheaper out with only 4 point. I also wish we could get the stove the 310 comes with. The basement on the 2930RL is small, but it is larger than the basement in our 303RLS we had before it. So everything fit fine with room to spare. Other than that the 2930RL won hands down for us.

Great comparing the two but you forgot one thing the 310 cost a little more, lol.
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also want to add that I figured out how to add a hand towel loop to the bathroom. I got a towel loop from Amazon and mount it to the bathroom/bedroom slide trim. The screws on the towel loop don't penetrate the trim, so no risk to the slide seal behind it.

Here's a link to the towel loop we got.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QRV27YV...roduct_details

Here's a picture:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hand Towel.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	35059
    Jesse & Anita
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 long bed SRW, Duramax Diesel. B&W Companion hitch on B&W turnover goose ball

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perfect spot for this, thanks for the pix! Will be doing the same

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reestemple View Post
    Perfect spot for this, thanks for the pix! Will be doing the same
    It’s working great for us. We’ve been on a bunch of trips and no problems. One thing to keep in mind if you pre-drill pilot holes for the screws. Don’t drill all the way through the trim. It won’t hurt if you do, but it’s nice to know there is no hole in the trim at all. The screw won’t poke out. It’s just nice to have no hole on the other side at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2021 2930RL-R and love it. Are you storing it on CR110? Ours is there and a brand new one just started parking across the drive from ours. I think I like the white background more than our tan background, but don't tell my wife I said that. We've had ours for almost a year, and have had no issues. Your description was spot on ... tons of storage, the residential fridge is great, and the bathroom in this thing is the best I've seen in a 5th wheel. We went with the king size bed, and while I've had to figure out a system to easily make the bed, the size is very comfortable for us. Have fun! If you are on CR110, I'll look for you and come over to say hello.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sarge095 View Post
    We have a 2021 2930RL-R and love it. Are you storing it on CR110? Ours is there and a brand new one just started parking across the drive from ours. I think I like the white background more than our tan background, but don't tell my wife I said that. We've had ours for almost a year, and have had no issues. Your description was spot on ... tons of storage, the residential fridge is great, and the bathroom in this thing is the best I've seen in a 5th wheel. We went with the king size bed, and while I've had to figure out a system to easily make the bed, the size is very comfortable for us. Have fun! If you are on CR110, I'll look for you and come over to say hello.
    Congrats and welcome to the forum.
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Congrats and welcome to the forum.
    Thank you! By the way, we love our king size bed in our GD. Yes, it limits the room on one side, but we've adapted to it and it is not hard to use. We love the extra room for sleeping. We put a memory foam topper from Walmart on it, cut it to fit with an electric knife, and it is very comfortable.
    2020 GMC 3500 DRW Duramax

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast