User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Solitude S-Class 2930RL-R just arrived

Hi all,

We pulled the trigger on a Solitude S-Class 2930RL-R, and it just arrived at our dealer.

We ordered this one from the factory because we wanted to add a few options that are hard to find.

We went to the dealership yesterday and checked it out as soon as it arrived. WOW! is the best way to describe the trailer. It looks fantastic inside and out. The fit and finish are excellent. The only issue we found after an hour of inspecting it is that GD forgot to put the door catches that hold the cabinet doors shut on 5 of the cabinets. Seems like the installer in the factory just missed doing those 5 cabinet doors. Otherwise, everything looked and worked fine.

The specific options we had the factory install are as follows:
    1. The booth dinette instead of the table and chairs. We wanted a little more storage, and the dinette can convert into a bed for our grandkids when they camp with us. Also, my wife is very short and the chairs are a little high for her.

2. We chose the stone fabric color for the couches and dinette seating. We went darker because we think they will hold dirt a little better over time than the new lighter colors.

3. Went with the queen bed so we have loads of nightstand space on both sides of the bed, and it is really easy to walk around the bed on both sides.

A few things to note for anyone thinking of purchasing a new 2930RL-R

1. The residential fridge is an 18cf fridge with icemaker. Genuinely nice to see. In this trailer it's a 3 door Samsung with a sleek front that has no handles sticking out.

2. The tires are Cooper 17". I do not know if Cooper is any good or not. Perhaps one of the knowledgeable folks on the board could give their opinion of them.

3. The theater seats only have a single cupholder located between them, so only one person gets a place to set their soda/beer. GD seems to have stopped making the theater seats with those little tray tables on the outer armrests. But they have not replaced them with cupholders on each armrest, or two cupholders in the middle of the seat. I am not sure why they're doing this as every other manufacturer includes two cupholders. The seats are extremely comfortable however, so we'll adapt.

3. The TV has a soundbar built into the wall behind it. The TV is mounted higher to allow the sound to come out from below. We thought this was cool, and something you do not normally see. The TV itself is a 50" TCL Roku smart TV. We have one of these in our reflection and it is really nice.

4. There is no low-pressure propane port on the outside of the trailer. So no easy way to connect a Blackstone or other gas grill to the trailer. Our reflection has this, so it is a little strange that the Solitudes do not have them as well. We will need some advice on how to add a propane port becasue we like to cook outdoors as much as possible.

5. Storage inside the trailer is insanely good. There are huge cabinets and lots of drawers in the kitchen. The bedroom closet is small, but it sports 4 large drawers that can hold a lot of stuff. The pantry is huge. It's the biggest we've seen on any GD trailer we've been in.

6. There is a proper coat closet right as you come in the front door. This closet is perfect for storing coats and dog leashes etc. It addresses an issue we've have of where to put coats and stuff.

7. The bathroom is probably one of the nicest we have seen in a 5th wheel. It is really spacious and has great storage space. But one strange omission is that there are no towel bars or a hand towel loop. We want to figure out where to mount a couple. If anyone has done this, it would be great to see how they approached this.

We are going to have the dealer swap the standard lippert pin box for a Morryde rubber pin box like the full Solitude 310gk has. We are also having vent covers installed on the roof. We will pick it up in a week.

I will post pictures once we pickup the trailer, and I will give an update on how it tows and sets up.
    Last edited by Cenerus; 04-10-2021 at 08:40 AM.
    Jesse & Anita
    2021 Solitude S-Class 2930RL-R
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 long bed SRW, Duramax Diesel. B&W Companion hitch on B&W turnover goose ball

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I looked at one. I like it, but, she liked the 310 GK better. So who am I to argue with her over a bigger trailer? 🤣
    Get out there and enjoy that thing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We picked up the 2930RL-R on Friday.

We went over it with a fine toothed comb during the PDI. The only issue we found was that the sewer drain cap was trashed. It looks like it fell off during the drive from the factory and it got all ground down while being dragged bouncing along the freeway. The tech at the dealer replaced it with a better cap, so no complaints here.

Our dealer has their own RV park, so we spent the afternoon moving our gear from the old trailer into the new one. Then the next day we drove the trailer to a KOA we like and spent the day there just playing with the trailer. So far everything works, and we've found no additional issues.

We did get the morryde pinbox installed to replace the factory pinbox. The morryde is nice, I would recommend it to help reduce chucking.

One extra feature we didin't even know it came with is a heat pump. It seems that Grand Design is putting them in all Solitudes now. That was a nice surprise.

We also had the dealer install maxair vent covers over both the kitchen and bathroom vents.

I also borrowed a ladder at the dealer and installed my Furrion backup camera during our night at the dealer rv park.

So far the 2930 is performing like a champ. This is a great floorplan, and it really has that Grand Design fit and finish that I've come to expect.

Here are a couple of pictures of the new 2930
    we got the booth dinette instead of the table and chairs. So if anyone wants to see what that looks like I'll post pictures of it. We really like it. It's comfortable, has more space under it than the default 2930 table, and converts to a bed. Lastly both benches have large storage space, so this trailer really has loads of interior storage.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6989.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	33511

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6987.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	33512
    Jesse & Anita
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 long bed SRW, Duramax Diesel. B&W Companion hitch on B&W turnover goose ball

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've had our 2930 for three years and love it.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenerus View Post
    We picked up the 2930RL-R on Friday.

We went over it with a fine toothed comb during the PDI. The only issue we found was that the sewer drain cap was trashed. It looks like it fell off during the drive from the factory and it got all ground down while being dragged bouncing along the freeway. The tech at the dealer replaced it with a better cap, so no complaints here.
    Little fact, if after the factory plumbing tests the sewer cap, outside spray port hatch, etc. aren't secured by GD's, the transporters don't care! The roadways are littered with them - seriously. I watched dozens leave the plant that way when I was at the FSC. Lol.

Congratulations, and enjoy your S-Classes folks!
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful rig, congrats. Our 3350 did not have an external LP port either but there is a place on the left side of the coach where the main LP line terminates in to like a manifold. Then lines go off to the fridge and stove and another goes to the water heater and furnace. A person could hook another line to that manifold and a line to the right side for a BBQ, I think.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Beautiful rig, congrats. Our 3350 did not have an external LP port either but there is a place on the left side of the coach where the main LP line terminates in to like a manifold. Then lines go off to the fridge and stove and another goes to the water heater and furnace. A person could hook another line to that manifold and a line to the right side for a BBQ, I think.
    Thanks Steven,

Regarding the low pressure propane port, that's exactly what our RV Dealer is trying to do. They would have accomplished it when we picked up the trailer, but the hose they had was too short. So they're ordering a longer hose and will try again in a week or two. It is a strange thing that GD doesn't put low pressure propane ports on the camp side of the Solitudes. I wonder if anyone has received an explanation from them as to why they think this is something Solitude owners don't need or want. Maybe they just look at the Solitude line as a full timer rig.
    Jesse & Anita

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since our 2930RL does not have a quick-connect for a grill, I got the following:

We use a Blackstone and I added a very simple Y adapter on our propane tank. I got one with a check valve in it and a gauge.

https://www.amazon.com/DOZYANT-Propa...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

For the grill connection, I got a regulator with hose and adapter for the Blackstone. I wanted one that was long enough (8 feet) and one that had a shutoff.

https://www.amazon.com/MCAMPAS-Press..._t3_B07ZM2BFSX
    2021 - Grand Design Solitude S-2930RL
    2020 - Ford F-350 SRW 4x4 6.7L CCLB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by openrangeowners View Post
    Since our 2930RL does not have a quick-connect for a grill, I got the following:

We use a Blackstone and I added a very simple Y adapter on our propane tank. I got one with a check valve in it and a gauge.

https://www.amazon.com/DOZYANT-Propa...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

For the grill connection, I got a regulator with hose and adapter for the Blackstone. I wanted one that was long enough (8 feet) and one that had a shutoff.

https://www.amazon.com/MCAMPAS-Press..._t3_B07ZM2BFSX
    This is great!

Thanks very much for sharing the links.

How has your 2930 been so far? Any issues I should be on the lookout for? Also, did you do anything in the bathroom to address the lack of a towel bar and hand towel loop?
    Jesse & Anita

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We love our 2930! Added solar, inverter and 4 LiFePO4 batteries. Also put a sliding tray for our portable generator in the front compartment (we did get gen prep but with solar and inverter we only need our 2000 watt Yamaha generator to run the AC. Actually the inverter/batteries will run it for about 3 hours ...

We used command strip hooks for our hand towels next to the sink. They make ones that match the black plumbing fixtures. We added a towel rack and toilet paper holder (I'll take some photos to show). I actually copied from others on the Facebook group for 2930.

The only issue was the gas line can pinch where it comes up the kitchen slideout. I noticed my fridge was starved of propane when the slide was closed. I rerouted the line and used some protective plastic wire loom and some zip ties to position it where it was not kinking when closing - easy fix and known issue with this model. Otherwise it is very solid and trouble free so far.
    2021 - Grand Design Solitude S-2930RL
    2020 - Ford F-350 SRW 4x4 6.7L CCLB

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast