User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poor heater air flow and design

I just bought a used 2018 Reflection 150 290BH and was very disappointed in the performance of the heater. My old 1999 Fleetwood would roast you out but this one is terrible. Another owner posted pics of the cheap set up under the bathroom vanity, and I am going to follow his lead and add actual ducting to the bedroom heater vent. But since the main living area doesn't get warm enough with only one vent under the kitchen sink, I am going to split off from the bedroom duct pipe and add another vent in the riser of the stairs similar to what several other Reflection models have. The 150 series is the lightweight version and I understand they wanted to save weight (and Money) but I think this was a poor trade off of performance vs. weight/money. Especially since the ducting I am going to add weighs under 5 pounds, so it was certainly more on the money side. This unit needs some other areas beefed up too, already framed in behind the shower controls to eliminate flexing/warping of the shower stall, and I have to add supports in the front pass through storage under the thin plastic floor. I bought it for the floor plan and as a long time RV owner I know you have to do a few mods here and there. After I'm done I'll have a better performing unit. Pictures of the bathroom vanity duct fix are from the other owner, and my picture of where I am going to run new duct for another heater vent under the stairs. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bathroom vanity heater duct.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	33322Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bathroom duct parts.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	33323Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bathroom vanity install.jpg 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	33324Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UNDER STAIRS FIT HEATER DUCT 2.jpg 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	33325

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ended up having to make several repairs to ducting, tears in duct tubes, not connected, duct tube not routed to basement to heat it. Quality control could have been better.