User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brandtb1919 View Post
    We are new owners of a 2021 310GK and have a 2019 SRW F350. I went through the same thing you did. I ran through the calculations dozens of times before I signed on the dotted line for the Solitude (we already had the truck). We don't plan to have a washer/dryer or generator specifically to keep the pin weight down. After I convinced myself that everything would be fine, I was still uneasy. Since taking possession of the Solitude, the CAT scale has become my best friend. I have weighed several combinations of truck and truck/trailer with good results, even with our short bed and Pullrite autoslider.

That being said, we tend to pack light and I am aware of every pound we load, and will continue to weigh with different amounts of stuff in the coach and truck. We have 200 - 400 pounds of margin depending on the length of the trip. Would I feel better with the dually? Sure. Do I feel comfortable with our setup as is? Yes, but I wouldn't push the weights any more.

Just my two-cents. Enjoy your new coach, I love ours!

Brian
    Thanks Brian and Lisa. Very reassuring to know. I just ordered a 2022 F350 diesel with a GVWR of 12,400lbs and payload of 4,011lbs so I think we’ll be okay. My biggest problem now is the crazy lead time for the new truck! Probably late October at best. Sigh. Itchy feet.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippamills View Post
    Thanks Brian and Lisa. Very reassuring to know. I just ordered a 2022 F350 diesel with a GVWR of 12,400lbs and payload of 4,011lbs so I think we’ll be okay. My biggest problem now is the crazy lead time for the new truck! Probably late October at best. Sigh. Itchy feet.
    WOW! Late October? Glad I bought mine pre-pandemic. Do you have a TV now? I agree, you will be in great shape with the new truck, about 400 lbs more payload than mine, plus no autoslider!

If you get a chance, I posted some pics of the basement wall redo I did a few months ago, makes a lot more space. With the extra payload, you can haul more stuff around

Brian
    Brian and Lisa - Longmont, CO
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    2022 F350 Lariat DRW Powerstroke
    Firestone airbags - WirelessOne Airlift
    B&W Companion 20K
    Tireminder TPMS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brandtb1919 View Post
    WOW! Late October? Glad I bought mine pre-pandemic. Do you have a TV now? I agree, you will be in great shape with the new truck, about 400 lbs more payload than mine, plus no autoslider!

If you get a chance, I posted some pics of the basement wall redo I did a few months ago, makes a lot more space. With the extra payload, you can haul more stuff around

Brian
    Sadly no, we have to wait on the TV. Where can I find the pics you mentioned? Would love to see them.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippamills View Post
    Sadly no, we have to wait on the TV. Where can I find the pics you mentioned? Would love to see them.
    Hi Pippamills, it should be near the end of this discussion if I did this right:

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...t-Panel-Fabric

I am really happy with how it turned out, gives me easy access to the entire basement area.

Brian
    Brian and Lisa - Longmont, CO
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    2022 F350 Lariat DRW Powerstroke
    Firestone airbags - WirelessOne Airlift
    B&W Companion 20K
    Tireminder TPMS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123