User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replacement Black Tank Valve

I believe my valve has finally given up on closing all the way. The handle has been gradually getting spongy towards the closed end and now it will not seal completely, which has now started causing some issues with dumping. Had to do some creative adapter assembly to push water in from outlet to get it draining today.

The GD site has the valve listed as the CABLE VALVE 96 x 3 HUB x SPIGOT VALTERRA part number 310062 for my model. I am unable to find any reference anywhere else for the part number but have found this one on Amazon -

Valterra H40H96 96inch Flexible Cable With 3inch Waste Valve part number H40H96

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BRT15RW..._UaU0DbHB0TA8D

This is the same thing right? Already not looking forward to replacing, definitely do not want to get it tore apart and it not be the right part! Why can’t these things happen when it’s 72 and sunny.
    Chris and Karen - currently on the coast of the Olympic Peninsula

Roaming the country full time with our 2018 312BHTS Reflection behind a 2016 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins and two preschoolers who are highly addicted to camping.

Follow our adventures @brownsignjunkies

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you get an answer to this? I find myself in the same position and asking the same question - did what you found on Amazon work? Thanks!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizardqing View Post
    I believe my valve has finally given up on closing all the way. The handle has been gradually getting spongy towards the closed end and now it will not seal completely, which has now started causing some issues with dumping. Had to do some creative adapter assembly to push water in from outlet to get it draining today.

The GD site has the valve listed as the CABLE VALVE 96 x 3 HUB x SPIGOT VALTERRA part number 310062 for my model. I am unable to find any reference anywhere else for the part number but have found this one on Amazon -

Valterra H40H96 96inch Flexible Cable With 3inch Waste Valve part number H40H96

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BRT15RW..._UaU0DbHB0TA8D

This is the same thing right? Already not looking forward to replacing, definitely do not want to get it tore apart and it not be the right part! Why can’t these things happen when it’s 72 and sunny.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaBeach-Mike View Post
    Did you get an answer to this? I find myself in the same position and asking the same question - did what you found on Amazon work? Thanks!
    Yes, it is the same thing. The Grand Design part number doesn't translate to outside part numbers. If you call Grand Design with your VIN, they will definitely be able to help you. I don't know if they will be able to translate it to an OEM part number, but they should be able to help you get the correct part.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VaBeach-Mike View Post
    Sorry for the multiple replies.

On the other hand, you probably just need to take the gate valve apart and either replace the seals or lubricate them. There are 4 bolts that hold the gate valve together, just remove them and the valve should separate.

On the other hand, if you are going to replace the entire valve, it is glued to the stub the comes off the tank. You will have to cut it off, glue an extension to the stub, the glue the new valve to the extension. Ask me how I know. This is what I was looking to do when I broke my brand new galley dump outlet. Instead, I was able to cut the broken pipe off, glue a couple of adapters to the dump outlet pipe, and then a new bayonet outlet.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Caution, I had a nightmare of a time removing and replacing cabled valves on my previous 5W. Ended up requiring a special tool and another set of hands to get it back in. The parts were not expensive, is the only positive part of that experience.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue