Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pullrite vs demco

Hello

Trying to figure out whether a Demco auto slide is OK for a solitude in a Dodge 3500 mega cab dually short box. The Demco has 14 inches of travel while the pullrite 2315 has 18 inches of travel and I am a little worried that the wider solitude might need that extra 4 inches. Any insight from someone using the demco with solitude and a ram duly mega cab short bed would truly be appreciated. I should mention I got a pretty good deal on the truck and the Demco hitch is part of the deal so I’m wondering if I should just accept the truck and hitch as it is or consider getting a pullrite
    Paul,Judy and Ember
    2021 310gk
    2019 ram 3500 mega cab dually diesel
    Andersen hitch

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kretzer View Post
    Hello

Trying to figure out whether a Demco auto slide is OK for a solitude in a Dodge 3500 mega cab dually short box. The Demco has 14 inches of travel while the pullrite 2315 has 18 inches of travel and I am a little worried that the wider solitude might need that extra 4 inches. Any insight from someone using the demco with solitude and a ram duly mega cab short bed would truly be appreciated. I should mention I got a pretty good deal on the truck and the Demco hitch is part of the deal so I’m wondering if I should just accept the truck and hitch as it is or consider getting a pullrite

An easy way to check is to measure the distance from the pin pocket to the cab and add the slide measurement. This should be greater than 1/2 your trailer width. This will give you a rough idea but modern trailers with the sculpted nose give you a bit more.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before I sold my short box RAM, I ran the 2315, and never had a problem with clearance for my Solitude. With the 18” of travel, 90 degrees was easily achieved and I preferred the idea of the capture plate vs the adjustable tabs on the Demo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=MBT^02;362259] I preferred the idea of the capture plate vs the adjustable tabs on the Demo.

Would you mind expanding on that thought? We are researching hitches as we are seriously looking to move from a tt to a fifth wheel.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Kward1022;365225]
    Quote Originally Posted by MBT^02 View Post
    I preferred the idea of the capture plate vs the adjustable tabs on the Demo.

Would you mind expanding on that thought? We are researching hitches as we are seriously looking to move from a tt to a fifth wheel.
    I’ve actually installed an Anderson ultimate hitch and I’m quite pleased with my ram 3500 mega cab. The hitch is so light and easy to install and I can turn practically 90° with the coupler of block in front of the king pin. With my solitude the king pin looks to be able to rotate inside the box so there’s no bed rail issues either
    Paul,Judy and Ember
    2021 310gk
    2019 ram 3500 mega cab dually diesel
    Andersen hitch