User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furion Solar Port & basic 100 watt Renogy solar panel connection.

I have a 100 watt Renogy solar panel for my single 12 VDC lead Acid battery. Also a short extension cable set, and the 2 pin Furion adapter. My 310GK has the Furion port installed, but seems to lead to twin 4 wire plugs inside the bay. This set up will Not be permanent..only for emergencies. (aware of overcharging issues). Is the Furion Port plug and play? The twin 4 wire connectors surprised me. (Also hope I am using this site correctly..chuckle)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your solar panels came with a controller? That will mostly prevent overcharging issues.

The Furrion plugs are rated at 10A, well over what 100w panel can do, the wires and plugs should be as well. Not much else to consider.
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickLight View Post
    Your solar panels came with a controller? That will mostly prevent overcharging issues.

The Furrion plugs are rated at 10A, well over what 100w panel can do, the wires and plugs should be as well. Not much else to consider.
    Thanks Rick. If I left the 100 w panel attached full time, I would probably worry about cooking the Lead Acid battery, as I am not too convinced about the capabilities of the small box on the back. But you are right.. Although the wiring coming off the furion plug is still a mystery, it appears to be plug in and go! Thanks for your response !!