Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

22MLE - gap next to slide

We just purchased a new 22MLE. When the slide is extended, we noticed that there is a small gap in the floor - right around where the front of the slide is - close to where the slide meets the wall (right behind the bed). When I called GD to get a new door latch (another story), I asked about this, and they told me that sometimes, the gasket for the slide is cut a bit short and this happens (I think there might have been a "it will be fine" in there too).

My concern is that this appears to be a potential air leak.... plus a good spot for bugs to come on in.

So, what is everybody's thought? My initial reaction is that I have a new trailer with a list price darned close to 50 K and "it will be fine" does not work for me. I could take it back to General
    RV to have them fix it.... but I am not sure what they will do.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jayflight65 (odd name),
    I have a 2021 22MLE and have the same small gap. We pretty much boondock whenever we camp, except for the occasional night to flush the tanks at an RV park. We have not had any bugs or rodents enter through the small gap. No leaks in the rain and no temperature flucuations. An "air tight" camper isn't a good thing, you want some air exchange. If you are worried about gaps in the floor, look behind your fuse panel and you will see the 3 inch hole for all your wiring to the undercarriage. The gaps in the chloroplast belly liner especially around the axles. brake lines and sewer fittings are bigger that the little gap near the corner of the slide out. They doo a good job of sealing the unit but a little gap here and there shouldn't worry you.
    Hope this helps,
    Brian
    Brian and Lennette
    2018 GMC 2500 Duramax
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE