User Tag List

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maryland Options

"No good deed goes unpunished." I noticed several members form Maryland on another welcome post. (@papermakermd @RV Sailor @RobertS377 @buskirk21921 ) We are in the process of planning a September trip from Florida to New Hampshire to visit our son. We would like to stay in Maryland either on the way up or back. Do any of you have recommendations for a 1 or 2 night stay. I have been to the Chesapeake Bay area before on business and loved it but I know Maryland has some great mountain area to the West.

We will most likely be near Western Maryland on the way up. On the trip back we could hit the eastern part of Maryland. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not in Maryland but real close is a Delaware state park. Lums Pond. On the eastern side.....love it. Full hookups
    and reasonably priced.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mike

If you have an interest in Civil War history, I highly recommend a 2 nights stay in Gettysburg, PA. While not in MD, it’s not far over the western border from MD into PA on Rt 15

We, and several friends, have stayed at this place many times.

https://gettysburgcampground.com/

It’s a 10 min drive to historic Gettysburg town and battlefields, hiking, biking, and beautiful mountains

If you want to stay on the Eastern Shore, I’d suggest Bay Shore Campground in Rock Hall, MD It’s a quaint waterfront town with waterfront dining. From there it’s about and 1 he ride to St Michael’ s MD. It is a beautiful, quaint historic water front town as well. You can walk the town, shop, eat, etc. it’s a great place to see

Any questions just PM me

Bob

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    Not in Maryland but real close is a Delaware state park. Lums Pond. On the eastern side.....love it. Full hookups
    and reasonably priced.
    Thanks for the recommendation. That is a pretty crazy looking rope course in the trees!
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That and a bike trail following the canal just south (across the street) that is 21 miles. Or kayaking in the lake right there.
    Plenty of things to do..
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your choice of Western Maryland depends on what route you will be taking North.The real Western Maryland starts West of Sideling Hill in Allegany County. Some consider the Hagerstown area Western Maryland. NOT ! There are not a lot of options west of Sideling Hill. There is the Little Orleans Campgroiund, Rocky Gap State Park is nice near Cumberland but no hookups. There is also Hidden Springs Campground which is actually in Pennsylania but is about three miles farher out the same road as the State Park. Hidden Springs has FHU and has an address of Flintstone,Md. There is a Yogi Bear Jellystone Park near Hagerstown just off I-81 South of Hagerstown. If you need anymore info send me a PM.
    2013 Ford Eco Boost CC ( previous)
    2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Western MD

Yes, western MD begins west of Sideling Hill with honest mountains.... at least by eastern standards.

We lived in Garrett County for several years. Very different from Eastern Maryland. Average snow fall is over 100" per year. One year we had 272 inches.... do the math, that's over 22 feet. I even recall July days when we had a 50 degree high.... rare but it happens.

There is a beautiful State Park campground at Deep Creek Lake. And, a couple other campgrounds in the Deep Creek Lake area.
    Happily retired.
    0ver 40 years of camping.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22RBE, Pulled by a:
    White 2021 Armada SL.